The Alloa Athletic Thread

31 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Careful there may be some Failkirk supporters in there

Right well that was a fruitless rabbit hole. But Spartans funded  themselves with an SIS loan of £900,000 with a further loan for their astroturf. There's not really specifics on details you can get at a glance like how much you need to pay back but I'd assume it's substantial enough not to make enough sense for us to upgrade the away end.

9 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

It would've been a real travesty if you went down and a team like Falkirk, Queens, Morton, Dunfermline or Thistle who have been rank for a sizeable chunk of time survived.

Not quite, over the course of a season teams end up exactly where they deserve, if Alloa had finished in the bottom two they would have deserved it, as would any of the above teams. 

Really delighted for big Andy. Was hoping we would get one player in it - thought big Neil was most likely with Flanny an outside bet. It's a tremendous achievement for Andy and also the club.

10 hours ago, whereismillar said:

And he get's in the team of the year for the championship , deemed not good enough for it by some .. a season or two ago  :wub:

I'll be honest, I felt the time was right to move him on (although he deserved better treatment than he got). I'm happy he's proved me and a lot of others wrong :)

I attempted to dissect our rollercoaster of a season in around a thousand words for PureFitbaw. It was tough but plenty of joy and pride attempting to give the boys the credit they deserve. Check it out below if you’re interested:

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/05/05/alloa-athletic-season-review-jim-goodwins-part-timers-secure-championship-status/

An absolutely brilliant end to the season and a great day out in Ayr on Saturday. The team have been brilliant all season and to finish 8th and so close to the likes of  Dunfermline and Partick Thistle is an outstanding achievement. 

Jim Goodwin deserves all the praise he has received and was delighted to see him shortlisted for the manager of the year award. Unbelievably on Saturday there were a couple of fans in front of us shouting tactical advice to him :1eye and he definitely didn't look happy. 

Got the tail end of Goodwin on Sportsound tonight. Plaudits still flying his way and rightly so.

Interesting points made about the academy - said it wasn’t working and was clear to see with nobody coming through in his time. Got a new man heading up the academy coming in with his set of coaches. Hopefully see the fruition of that in the next few years.

Got the tail end of Goodwin on Sportsound tonight. Plaudits still flying his way and rightly so.

Interesting points made about the academy - said it wasn’t working and was clear to see with nobody coming through in his time. Got a new man heading up the academy coming in with his set of coaches. Hopefully see the fruition of that in the next few years.

Great to hear. My only disappointment in the last few years is that as a community club we couldn't get more homegrown players pushing through to the first team.

BBC Sport Gossip section was interesting reading this morning. 12-team championship in 20/21 ... meaning no relegation potentially the year prior.

Also, Blair Henderson saying he wants to stay part-time despite full-time interest with his job outside football. Our attack will be depleted with loan players going back - would be good to at least ask the question!

Blair Henderson is definitely not good enough for Championship

Well done on staying up

See you next season [emoji16]

Fair enough! I’ve seen him once or twice, never stood out but always scored. I’m just looking at the face of it with the stats and the awards - not claiming to know much more!

Looking forward to having some more part-timers in the league next season.

And for the 12 team league, would be disappointing in all honesty. Adding more to the most competitive league in the country just to squeeze in Colt teams at the other end.

32 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Fair enough! I’ve seen him once or twice, never stood out but always scored. I’m just looking at the face of it with the stats and the awards - not claiming to know much more!

Looking forward to having some more part-timers in the league next season.

And for the 12 team league, would be disappointing in all honesty. Adding more to the most competitive league in the country just to squeeze in Colt teams at the other end.

As long as the smaller sides all vote the way they've been leaning then it should get booted out the park. They're just trying continually to introduce these plans in the hope that they can get it through cheaply for Celtic and Rangers.

And if they do indeed cheapen the Scottish game then they'll not have any proposals the other way. The colts will be a blight on the landscape forever.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Also, Blair Henderson saying he wants to stay part-time despite full-time interest with his job outside football.

Falkirk forum for this pish.

Blair Henderson might be  worth a punt but a gamble , as for players being freed  looks like karadachki who we signed from EC will be, Brown surely, Aloulou , (who can't get a game for Berwick) Peggie most likely .. who would you like to see in an Alloa shirt next season ?