The Alloa Athletic Thread

33 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I was saying this when I got told though it's very hard to get more than one in the TOTY unless you walk the league. I think Flannigan too would've been a shoe-in if he kept scoring like he did in the first half of the season.

I don't think Goody will get it but he obviously got enough votes to be nominated. And obviously Goodwin > Clarke for Scotland now.

For me Graham, Flannigan and maybe Parry could all have been argued for a place in the TOTY. I never thought Graham would actually get in it but for 35 he strolls through games so he's an obvious choice for me. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

For me Graham, Flannigan and maybe Parry could all have been argued for a place in the TOTY. I never thought Graham would actually get in it but for 35 he strolls through games so he's an obvious choice for me. 

I swear if he's not the next manager when Goody leaves I'll be gutted. He said something along those lines on Rocksport a couple weeks ago. He's a top bloke.

I swear if he's not the next manager when Goody leaves I'll be gutted. He said something along those lines on Rocksport a couple weeks ago. He's a top bloke.

I’m a big fan of our manager but one thing I’ll never understand is why he released Graham after our promotion. Maybe thought his legs were done but it’s certainly not held him back for you guys.

Think you can get one more season out of Goodwin?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m a big fan of our manager but one thing I’ll never understand is why he released Graham after our promotion. Maybe thought his legs were done but it’s certainly not held him back for you guys.

I think the issue is you would have been retaining Murphy and Graham. Both ageing centre backs and not the quickest. So the gaffer had to pick one.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he'll be here at the start and then when the merry go round kicks in around October, November he'll get the opportunity hes waiting on then be off to pastures new.

My opinion  is there's a real chance that you can turn into another Stevie Aitken and miss your opportunities while your stock is fairly high. He's certainly as highly as he will ever be thought of with Alloa by getting the manager of the year nomination. Equally happy if he stays but I always hope people go on to bigger and better things.

30 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Would love to but I get the feeling Dundee might come calling unfortunately. Anyone know if his contract is up?

He doesn't qualify for Dundee on their bizarre "how we appoint managers" statement that they released. 

Well done alloa .really pleased you stayed up .was only time I have never wanted too see my team win today .I thought it would be us fighting too stay up on the last day of the season .

Andy graham what a big fucking unit he is ...why we let him go couple year ago is beyond me.

Well played lads.

Crazy as it sounds, there was a part of me didn't even want Ayr to get a late goal to let us off the hook.

Obviously, such an event would have spared the world the comedy of a Falkirk relegation.  More than that though, we didn't deserve to be safe, whereas you guys actually did.

9 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Well done alloa .really pleased you stayed up .was only time I have never wanted too see my team win today .I thought it would be us fighting too stay up on the last day of the season .

Andy graham what a big fucking unit he is ...why we let him go couple year ago is beyond me.

Andy maybe has slowed down a touch but he is deceptive for a big lad, what he lacks in pace he more than makes up for in courage his reading of the game and his footballing brain ,

seems to have a second sense and has relished the challenge that the championship has given him, he epitomises the spirit within the team and I can honestly say we would have been down and back in L1 without him , he is the typical footballing hero and a real nice guy to boot, who says nice guys can't be tough ?  he will be remembered as an Alloa legend backed up by the plaudits of former teams fans . lang may yir lum reek Mr Graham .

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well played lads.

Crazy as it sounds, there was a part of me didn't even want Ayr to get a late goal to let us off the hook.

Obviously, such an event would have spared the world the comedy of a Falkirk relegation.  More than that though, we didn't deserve to be safe, whereas you guys actually did.

I reiterate the well done lads. You always seem to get good young managers. Definitely deserve your place in championship next season. Always impressed with wee Cawley in midfield

6 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Delighted for Alloa, in the event that we actually somehow get promoted to the prem (lol), God speed.

Would you have settled for the playoffs at the start ? I think you would great season and all the best in the playoffs