The Alloa Athletic Thread

What a team!

This is beginning to look a lot like last season when Goody's ability to think clearly and keep his nerve, plus the huge belief, determination and effort from the players lead to glory.

Finishing above 9th would be an even bigger achievment than that.

7 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Struggled when he first came in. I mind he started a game a few weeks back against Thistle or Falkirk and the whole game just passed him by - much like the rest of the team to be fair.

However, he’s had a few cameos the past few weeks and he’s definitely grasping his opportunity there. Although, we’ve not seen anything scintillating from him, he was involved in both winners in the last two games and got in and about it. The boy also loves a “giruy” celebration to the opposing fans!

Aye EdinburghLivi posted a pic on the Livi thread.:lol:

Screenshot_20190407-122923_YouTube.thumb.jpg.6040a48ba6f359598e197252b1a56845.jpg

Screenshot_20190407-123050_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b919d3e11230bc95493f25a6609a6682.jpg

Did well scoring plenty of goals in his loan spells last season, and got one against St Mirren for us early in the season, so hopefully he bags a few more for Alloa, has the potential to be a good player for us.

What a team!

This is beginning to look a lot like last season when Goody's ability to think clearly and keep his nerve, plus the huge belief, determination and effort from the players lead to glory.

Finishing above 9th would be an even bigger achievment than that.
Yeah, Jim played a blinder in the closing stages of last season and utterly bossed Barry Smith especially. I'm sure he won't be letting anyone get carried away.

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

Congratulations to Alloa on staying up. Pretty clear now. Magnificent achievement. Looking forward to battling you for best part time team in Scotland next season and relegating another big time Charlie.

We can still go down , still 3 games to play .. thanks anyway :-)

8 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Got to doff my cap to the Wasps. I obviously see Alloa as our main rivals but huge respect for what’s been achieved. Outstanding season, enjoy it and hopefully you’ll stay up now. 

We are like a divorced couple so we are.. :-)

Just popped in to say well done Waspies.... fucking well impressed.

Great result again today (against a team that horsed us at Tannadice 2 weeks ago  - you've shown us how it sould be done) and, despite the fact that I never liked Goodwin as a player, regardless of what happens over the next few weeks, he deserves nothing less than the freedom of Alloa for life.

On any other season with the points total you have already accumulated, you'd be safe already. 

I have no doubt you'll be in the Championship next year.

Just a few points from safety....

I'm sure we'd all be happy for Jim to get the freedom of Alloa whatever happens. But there is still a lot of football to be played and 5 teams very much in the battle. 
Indeed, Waspie. Still not safe from 10th or, especially, 9th. Three tough games to finish.