The Alloa Athletic Thread

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with David Weatherston, who played four games with Alloa Athletic in the 2014/15 season.

Although he didn't make any impact at the club, his insight into his time at the Recs is very interesting, particularly about the make-up of the squad at the time and Danny Lennon.

CLICK

Greig Spence to Arbroath confirmed, 18-month deal. All the best to him.

Interesting insight on interview! A real shame it didn’t work out like he said. Also sad to hear that his time here pretty much finished him. Glad he still holds the club in high regard though.

19 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Interesting insight on interview! A real shame it didn’t work out like he said. Also sad to hear that his time here pretty much finished him. Glad he still holds the club in high regard though.

It was a surprise when resigned at the start of the season as he was not prolific with Raith the season before. Spence has struggled this season to get game time. Spence is a good penalty box striker but  not a player to work the line.

We can only assume the deal is done or nearly done for Atchison.  

1 minute ago, Redwedge77 said:

IMG_0176.thumb.jpg.a5e26ac114ecf1fccd016567f5c5710d.jpg

Can we assume Jack Aitchison is confirmed by this tweet.

By all accounts from Celtic supporting friends he’s a promising talent who has scored goals at every level he’s played. I would suggest we are stronger squad with this deal.

Not every level...

By all accounts from Celtic supporting friends he’s a promising talent who has scored goals at every level he’s played. I would suggest we are stronger squad with this deal.

It's certainly an exciting signing.

I've watched a few YouTube clips and Jack seems to be a left-sided attacker. He's got a top class pedigree, but even so this will likely be a big step up for him. He's also got to push good players out of the starting lineup to get a lot of starts.

As Kirky seems to be out of the St Mirren game, we could well see him thrown in tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

One of your supporters told us that Liam dick was no good too.. we shall see 

Hey, he was garbage for us. Still Robert Carlos compared to Willie Dyer mind you.

It wasn't so much that Aitchison was rubbish for us. It's just that he came to us with some big hype and wasn't particularly noticeable in his four games before mysteriously vanishing. That was under Stevie Aitken though to be fair - a man who could probably stop Alan Trouten scoring.

13 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Hey, he was garbage for us. Still Robert Carlos compared to Willie Dyer mind you.

It wasn't so much that Aitchison was rubbish for us. It's just that he came to us with some big hype and wasn't particularly noticeable in his four games before mysteriously vanishing. That was under Stevie Aitken though to be fair - a man who could probably stop Alan Trouten scoring.

Still not exactly sure why he stayed for only a few games and then fucked off. I thought it might have been to do with us being down to one striker but he's still not even made the bench for us this season.

I thought he might have kicked on a bit by now now given how he made his debut over 2 years ago but he is still only 18 so plenty of time yet. Alloas an ideal place for young  Celts with the part time team in a full time league aspect.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Still not exactly sure why he stayed for only a few games and then fucked off. I thought it might have been to do with us being down to one striker but he's still not even made the bench for us this season.

I thought he might have kicked on a bit by now now given how he made his debut over 2 years ago but he is still only 18 so plenty of time yet. Alloas an ideal place for young  Celts with the part time team in a full time league aspect.

Because he returned to you guys outwith the window he wasn't eligible to play for your first-team as I understand it. He seemed to be banging them in for the Reserves though, which made it even more disappointing he wasn't still with us.

His disappearance for us was shrouded in mystery. I asked about a fair bit, but couldn't get anything concrete - the most accepted rumour was that he didn't feel ready/wasn't comfortable playing first team football. Nothing was ever made public on the website, not even a short 'Meanwhile forward Jack Aitchison has returned to parent club Celtic' in a match preview. It was all very odd.

However he does at Alloa, Sons fans will be watching on with interest. If he does well then he's another quality forward wasted by Stevie Aitken, if he flops then we told you so ;)

6 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Because he returned to you guys outwith the window he wasn't eligible to play for your first-team as I understand it. He seemed to be banging them in for the Reserves though, which made it even more disappointing he wasn't still with us.

His disappearance for us was shrouded in mystery. I asked about a fair bit, but couldn't get anything concrete - the most accepted rumour was that he didn't feel ready/wasn't comfortable playing first team football. Nothing was ever made public on the website, not even a short 'Meanwhile forward Jack Aitchison has returned to parent club Celtic' in a match preview. It was all very odd.

However he does at Alloa, Sons fans will be watching on with interest. If he does well then he's another quality forward wasted by Stevie Aitken, if he flops then we told you so ;)

Ah the ineligibility makes sense, did wonder why he wasnt even on the bench when we had no strikers at all at times.

On 1/18/2019 at 12:42, KierenAAFC said:

That's the title wrapped up for Arbroath, if there was any doubt left. Spence is a machine in the third tier.

On 1/18/2019 at 20:34, BigMartyn86 said:

You have bad hair!

Harsh, but fair. And also not harsh.

13376-551.jpg