The Alloa Athletic Thread

8 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Can confirm noone has signed yet.

Thanks for saving me a google search of the Alloa website.

Yours sincerely,

A bottom of the barrel "pig" supporter.

In other news, had a really interesting, informative chat with a director at the ground last night. 

Interesting news on sportsound last night from the manager. If Greig indeed wants to go elsewhere for game time (several clubs inevitably interested), can only assume its to replace him like for like.

I think other than Flannigan and the goalkeeper, the squad is actually fairly interchangeable to cope with the odd injury or two. Which we will obviously need in the second half of the season.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Yours sincerely,

In other news, had a really interesting, informative chat with a director at the ground last night. 
Interesting news on sportsound last night from the manager. If Greig indeed wants to go elsewhere for game time (several clubs inevitably interested), can only assume its to replace him like for like.
I think other than Flannigan and the goalkeeper, the squad is actually fairly interchangeable to cope with the odd injury or two. Which we will obviously need in the second half of the season.

I would add Graham to your small list. Andy stands out for me in every game.

4 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Yours sincerely,

Nice to see you;re burying the hatchet.

23 minutes ago, Wilky1878 said:

FTFY

I'm going to summarise this situation.  I caution the reports on Dario. One person tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm neither qualified or good enough to weigh in on the situation. I take exception to this. Then it escalates into other fans criticising sharing  privileged information about the club when I'm trying to justify  myself.  I'd like to think still that a quick check of the website (or social media   since we've had some problems with the website) should've  been the real confirmation. Outright insults then on me. At this point I'm irritated and  I'm not going to suck up to you, saying I do it all for the fans, as I've already pointed out I don't but you benefit from the work that goes into everything. I regret the tone I took in reaction but at the same time don't appreciate the comments after and it's not like everyone hasn't spoken too harshly when they've been frustrated. That's how I see it.

But where does this end?

Well on a Sunday when I'm working hard to do the highlights it doesn't fill me with excitement to finish it. Last year I didn't do away games and if I was busy then I'd maybe end up not getting the highlights done well into the week which suits me better.  I'm putting in 4 hours a game on  just the highlights which is time-consuming  at weekends but I  do that voluntarily because I want to make a good product.  Like I said first I've got to get it to the manager and the the SPFL. I'm the last out the ground on a Saturday to get the interviews at the end up.

When I'm keeping on top of social media all week, again voluntarily, because there is no-one else to do it and I just feel like taking a break do I keep going? I'm trying to keep up with the teams around us that have 2-3+ guys working the same workload.

This doesn't help me working on things. Might be a victory to have hounded me off P&B for you but I'd like to think that we're all better off if it's forgotten about. @Redwedge77@printer @Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) I include everyone in this. Fair truce?

I'm going to summarise this situation.  I caution the reports on Dario. One person tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm neither qualified or good enough to weigh in on the situation. I take exception to this. Then it escalates into other fans criticising sharing  privileged information about the club when I'm trying to justify  myself.  I'd like to think still that a quick check of the website (or social media   since we've had some problems with the website) should've  been the real confirmation. Outright insults then on me. At this point I'm irritated and  I'm not going to suck up to you, saying I do it all for the fans, as I've already pointed out I don't but you benefit from the work that goes into everything. I regret the tone I took in reaction but at the same time don't appreciate the comments after and it's not like everyone hasn't spoken too harshly when they've been frustrated. That's how I see it.
But where does this end?
Well on a Sunday when I'm working hard to do the highlights it doesn't fill me with excitement to finish it. Last year I didn't do away games and if I was busy then I'd maybe end up not getting the highlights done well into the week which suits me better.  I'm putting in 4 hours a game on  just the highlights which is time-consuming  at weekends but I  do that voluntarily because I want to make a good product.  Like I said first I've got to get it to the manager and the the SPFL. I'm the last out the ground on a Saturday to get the interviews at the end up.
When I'm keeping on top of social media all week, again voluntarily, because there is no-one else to do it and I just feel like taking a break do I keep going? I'm trying to keep up with the teams around us that have 2-3+ guys working the same workload.
This doesn't help me working on things. Might be a victory to have hounded me off P&B for you but I'd like to think that we're all better off if it's forgotten about. [mention=70146]Redwedge77[/mention][mention=19006]printer[/mention] [mention=3197]Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)[/mention] I include everyone in this. Fair truce?

The problem is you act like this is the first incident when it's not. A truce is fair enough but I can wager any money that very soon you'll be back at the sarcastic comments about something else.

I don't have an issue with you having a disagreement with someone but the way you disregard fans is wrong.

No ones disagreeing with the fact you do a fantastic job for the club, that doesn't mean you have a likeable personality though.

6 minutes ago, Wilky1878 said:

The problem is you act like this is the first incident when it's not. A truce is fair enough but I can wager any money that very soon you'll be back at the sarcastic comments about something else.

I don't have an issue with you having a disagreement with someone but the way you disregard fans is wrong.

No ones disagreeing with the fact you do a fantastic job for the club, that doesn't mean you have a likeable personality though.

Sounds like a good wager for at least one of us. 

Although I'm doubting it myself. Was sarcastic to someone on twitter yesterday and it's been getting liked again and again. Poor guy.

I'll put my own perspective in then im happy to put it to bed.

What I wrote on Sunday was constructive and advisory- not an attack. I asked for clarification on what you meant in your comments to printer (which was never clarified) as the way i read it I felt it was out of order. I actually backed you up on the status at that point of the Dario situation. 

I did not ask you to state you did it all for the fans. I asked you to consider, as (like it or not) a representative of the club, that guys like printer (who frankly knows his game inside out) and redwedge have given the maximum support, commitment and money to the club for the best part of 40 years or more. Through good times and bad this never changes. These guys are the absolute heartbeat of the club, like it or not. 

Your response to this at best was poor and ill judged. At times (and i stress not always) you dont come across well to supporters. We have experienced it before with other individual(s) working behind the scenes and it damages the reputation of the club with both the die hard fans and the wider audience- making Alloa look like a tinpot outfit when nothing could be further from the truth. I know and see daily the great work that goes on (which you contribute to). Personally I have done and continue to put a lot of time in to help out and also raise the profile of the club through various means, not that it matters in this context.

The proof is in the pudding. Clearly i cant speak for everyone. But Id suggest if you reign it in a bit, focus on the work you do and keep in mind these guys give much needed support and income into the club- then people will probably be a bit more favourable in their responses. This is exactly what i said on Sunday.

On this forum, the Alloa supporters are a decent bunch. Youre getting a lot of their backs up though, and whether you think that's justified or not- its a fact. Yes it is your own account on here but people are aware you do work behind the scenes and with that comes a degree of responsibilty. As I said, you would never see the likes of John Glencross in barneys with fans. Hes been on the receiving end of criticism at times, but would never retort online to this extent because he is well aware it would damage the club.

No grudges or issues from me going forward if you are genuine in your comments.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I'll put my own perspective in then im happy to put it to bed.

What I wrote on Sunday was constructive and advisory- not an attack. I asked for clarification on what you meant in your comments to printer (which was never clarified) as the way i read it I felt it was out of order. I actually backed you up on the status at that point of the Dario situation. 

I did not ask you to state you did it all for the fans. I asked you to consider, as (like it or not) a representative of the club, that guys like printer (who frankly knows his game inside out) and redwedge have given the maximum support, commitment and money to the club for the best part of 40 years or more. Through good times and bad this never changes. These guys are the absolute heartbeat of the club, like it or not. 

Your response to this at best was poor and ill judged. At times (and i stress not always) you dont come across well to supporters. We have experienced it before with other individual(s) working behind the scenes and it damages the reputation of the club with both the die hard fans and the wider audience- making Alloa look like a tinpot outfit when nothing could be further from the truth. I know and see daily the great work that goes on (which you contribute to). Personally I have done and continue to put a lot of time in to help out and also raise the profile of the club through various means, not that it matters in this context.

The proof is in the pudding. Clearly i cant speak for everyone. But Id suggest if you reign it in a bit, focus on the work you do and keep in mind these guys give much needed support and income into the club- then people will probably be a bit more favourable in their responses. This is exactly what i said on Sunday.

On this forum, the Alloa supporters are a decent bunch. Youre getting a lot of their backs up though, and whether you think that's justified or not- its a fact. Yes it is your own account on here but people are aware you do work behind the scenes and with that comes a degree of responsibilty. As I said, you would never see the likes of John Glencross in barneys with fans. Hes been on the receiving end of criticism at times, but would never retort online to this extent because he is well aware it would damage the club.

No grudges or issues from me going forward if you are genuine in your comments.

Fair play that's very fair. Like I said I had my back up by this point and I had read your post as more dismissive and thought you were jumping on. Crossed wires and me coming out swinging didn't help.

I notice you're often about at training. I've made a resolution to get fit again and the clubs a good halfway marker to get a drink and a snack on a Tuesday. I've said to Pat and Joyce if they don't see me to get on at me so if you see me feel free to say hello. I'm not that bad, honest.