The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

A very interesting outlook, and your overall aims and intentions for your work definitely noted.

Its not about whether youre right or wrong, and not suggesting that you should take stick-  but arguing with loyal supporters is inappropriate and reputationally damaging (as you can see from post above)

Im not getting into a spat on this- Ive had clashes with redwedge on here too, but for me you are wrong- he absolutely IS the club. A guy who has followed Alloa home and away for 40 plus years watching great amd dreadful Alloa teams unconditionally.

As for the last line- good grief :lol:

I mean surely you can see it as common sense when in Alloa (football capital of the smallest county in Scotland) where two or three bus loads will go see the old firm every week? Broadest audience available is your goal. I mean I could pander to the fans and say it's all for you but anyone who says that is a hypocrite unless your someone like Pat the kitman, or Lachy or Geoff etc etc. 

Aye you're probably right - never wrestle with pigs etc.

The last line was referring to the fact that as you mentioned I'd assumed Redwedge was that kinda guy that spent those 40+ years watching unconditionally. I assumed you were similar. You guys will watch whether I disagree with you or not. It just saps my energy doing things that are to me a plus point, I mean I'm sure all the fans would like to know Zanatta deal isn't done yet, and being told by someone it is based on higher and better sources. I keep my eye on the threads because it's interesting to know what's going on at other clubs why not keep my own up to date?

Again probably could have said it better but the club is just that everyone pulling in the same direction. Certainly those who I talk to around the club are those people who encourage on to bigger things. Pat the kitman is my favourite out of everyone. It's a culture shock when you come on P&B and your own fans are criticising your contribution for imo daft reasons.

And you'll need to excuse me, in my own defence I've changed a fair few things around the club and you've got to have a healthy disrespect for how things have always been done if you want to get anything changed. Mentality of fighting your corner is needed.

Edited by LeodhasXD

I mean surely you can see it as common sense when in Alloa (football capital of the smallest county in Scotland) where two or three bus loads will go see the old firm every week? Broadest audience available is your goal. I mean I could pander to the fans and say it's all for you but anyone who says that is a hypocrite unless your someone like Pat the kitman, or Lachy or Geoff etc etc. 
Aye you're probably right - never wrestle with pigs etc.
The last line was referring to the fact that as you mentioned I'd assumed Redwedge was that kinda guy that spent those 40+ years watching unconditionally. I assumed you were similar. You guys will watch whether I disagree with you or not. It just saps my energy doing things that are to me a plus point, I mean I'm sure all the fans would like to know Zanatta deal isn't done yet, and being told by someone it is based on higher and better sources. I keep my eye on the threads because it's interesting to know what's going on at other clubs why not keep my own up to date?
Again probably could have said it better but the club is just that everyone pulling in the same direction. Certainly those who I talk to around the club are those people who encourage on to bigger things. Pat the kitman is my favourite out of everyone. It's a culture shock when you come on P&B and your own fans are criticising your contribution for imo daft reasons.
And you'll need to excuse me, in my own defence I've changed a fair few things around the club and you've got to have a healthy disrespect for how things have always been done if you want to get anything changed. Mentality of fighting your corner is needed.
Mate, step away from P&B for a few days. When you come back on, we'll start again.

The highlights you do are generally very good. Focus on that, tone down the ITK stuff on here and we'll all be happier.

Youre the camera man, not the chief executive :lol:

I dont think anyone is/has been criticising your contribution to any real degree, more your attitude. But they can speak for themselves.

Broadening the audience to attract others is a given- but so is retaining your loyal customer base. To be talked down to and told theyre right at the bottom of a priority list is terrific marketing.

5 minutes ago, printer said:

Mate, step away from P&B for a few days. When you come back on, we'll start again.

The highlights you do are generally very good. Focus on that, tone down the ITK stuff on here and we'll all be happier.

If Dario signs for Man Utd tomorrow you'll be getting the biggest TELT of your life though just saying:lol:

If Dario signs for Man Utd tomorrow you'll be getting the biggest TELT of your life though just saying[emoji38]
I hope if and when you do announce that it's less of a word salad than your previous post. For someone who works in the media you aren't the most concise chap.

3 minutes ago, Wasperoonie said:
9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:
If Dario signs for Man Utd tomorrow you'll be getting the biggest TELT of your life though just sayingemoji38.png

I hope if and when you do announce that it's less of a word salad than your previous post. For someone who works in the media you aren't the most concise chap.

Word salad or not 100k+ views this morning. I'm winning.:thumsup2

Social media Eh ? glad it wasn't around when I was starting to support the wasps ( telephones had those dials you stuck yer finger in the burled it roond )

The only fast news was stuck to a pigeons leg , telly was black and white ( well ours was anyway)  We had a wooden stand that was falling apart and we didn't even have a club badge on the jerseys,  how far we have come , lets not ruin it .........….peace brothers  ;)

6 minutes ago, Wasperoonie said:
11 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Donald Trump gets plenty views too..doesn't make him Stephen Fry.

Tempting to make a fairly dark joke out of that but then there'd be some angry letters. Gerry had to take a 3 week holiday last time that happened. ;)

Image result for printer shredder gif

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Winning what exactly.You,re highlights package is superb and being inside the club I will concede that you probably know more than most of us but when you say that a supporter isn,t the club then you have chucked it.No supporters means no club,no you means no highlights.Only one scenario is terminal

Tempting to make a fairly dark joke out of that but then there'd be some angry letters. Gerry had to take a 3 week holiday last time that happened. [emoji6]
giphy.gif&key=2747c26f437e342e079b66da453ea2ce2e3bd00ae1039089083a7e7e0175dac6

Don’t think it was a holiday
To suggest call someone a kiddie fiddlers as joke show a greater degree of inappropriateness than even you could stoop to. Having spoken to board members at the time they didn’t see as a holiday.

Your character assassination of myself is a strange one. You claim you don’t know me and the launch in to verbal assault because I question you.

As an individual who in their employment deals with the press and the individual in Edinburgh evening news who wrote the article and knowing their association with HMFC. It would suggest a greater degree of understanding and knowledge of information about the deal than yourself.

At not point did I question your credentials As the leisure attendant come camera man. I just pointed to other information and let people make up there own mind about what they choose to believe.

I had laugh at Gerry not understand personally his Laurel and Hardie cameo in JJ’s interview shows his level of functionality.

Then As I leave ground I thought how sweet theres you are on the pitch...wearing club tracksuit firing balls into an empty net..while camera is recording yourself. I have to say you aren’t a bad player. On a plus point at least your not claiming you made the bench for us unlike Gerry.

In the know, out the know - who’s caring! If you would like some ramblings about proper football business feel free to have a wee read of an article I did for@PureFitbaw. Wee bit about the season so far & how big a month this is for the club.

I feel the thread needed a change of topic. If the article does nothing else, hopefully it can at least do that. :P

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/01/11/a-defining-month-in-an-exceptional-season/

In the know, out the know - who’s caring! If you would like some ramblings about proper football business feel free to have a wee read of an article I did for[mention=72814]PureFitbaw[/mention]. Wee bit about the season so far & how big a month this is for the club.

I feel the thread needed a change of topic. If the article does nothing else, hopefully it can at least do that. [emoji14]

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/01/11/a-defining-month-in-an-exceptional-season/

Brilliant read...[emoji1376]

2 hours ago, Kobe2010 said:

Winning what exactly.You,re highlights package is superb and being inside the club I will concede that you probably know more than most of us but when you say that a supporter isn,t the club then you have chucked it.No supporters means no club,no you means no highlights.Only one scenario is terminal

One fan is not the club and if you stretch yourself to keep every single person happy you're not going to get very much done. Twist it whatever way you like.

One fan is not the club and if you stretch yourself to keep every single person happy you're not going to get very much done. Twist it whatever way you like.
What are you slavering about man...just report the FACTS. Most people however opinionated have to respect the facts.

3 minutes ago, Wasperoonie said:
6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

What are you slavering about man...just report the FACTS. Most people however opinionated have to respect the facts.

Go read back a few pages. Reported the facts until I'm blue in the face. Hence my frustration.

On 12/01/2019 at 10:09, Sheepy said:

Dario staying confirmed

On 12/01/2019 at 11:04, martynwasp said:

Good source at Hearts told me this morning that it’s done

Still waiting for an official announcement though

On 12/01/2019 at 14:10, Redwedge77 said:

Sorry but deal looks done according toBBC Scottish football gossip and Edinburgh evening newsIMG_0173.jpg

On 12/01/2019 at 17:56, Redwedge77 said:

No heel dragging no minor changes to contracts all is done. Better and more qualified people than you commenting on it and you are clutching at straws . Stop standing with Gerry with tumblers against walls.