The Alloa Athletic Thread

I think, despite our excellent run of results and how well we've competed so far this season, that we need at least one effective alternative to/help for Dario to finish the job of staying up. Maybe Aitchison is that player?

15 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

most likely a replacement loan for Burt as we are a player short  ATM Also looks like Karadachki is away?   Leodhas  ?

Again nothing concrete on Zack either but it's clear the gaffer doesn't rate him and if he finds a new club he'll be off.

My guess is Spence was alluding to him on twitter when he said big name player on trial with Jason Marr. Zdravko Karadachki is a fairly big name.

If Aitchison is coming then that would be a death sentence for Spence this year. I know he'll need to be playing more regularly and another striker doesn't make sense with him still here.

Just to reflect that the form table is absolutely sensational at the moment! Our current run is reminiscent of the first half of the 2013/14 Championship season under Hartley. The players and manager deserve all the plaudits at the moment, long may it continue (we all know it won't last for long quite like this...) & what a time to be an Alloa supporter [emoji7] FORM.JPG

33 minutes ago, jpm said:

Just to reflect that the form table is absolutely sensational at the moment! Our current run is reminiscent of the first half of the 2013/14 Championship season under Hartley. The players and manager deserve all the plaudits at the moment, long may it continue (we all know it won't last for long quite like this...) & what a time to be an Alloa supporter emoji7.pngFORM.JPG

Have to say Alloa must feel invincible at the moment, some incredible results against established full time teams. 

St Mirren could be in for a shock next weekend if they aren’t switched on from the first minute. 

15 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Yep professional and not to mention classy for statements to be published in newspapers that are plain misleading concerning the club. I'm merely telling you nothing has been signed yet and have not told anyone why. Although feel free to consider yourself ITK at least a little as many are not.

What does this mean? The way Im reading this, its conveying that printer should be grateful you're passing over intel? Admittedly this may not be the case, its confusing. 

You're correct- the Zanatta deal isnt signed, sealed delivered. As per norm, nothing is complete until club post through official channels. The website gets criticism but it rarely lags on signings etc.

Alloa is a small club, and plenty of fans and others have connections within the club to find news, without feeling the need to plaster online. We've been here before. The likes of John Glencross dont do it, so neither should you. Rumours and chat are inevitable, just let it happen.

Stick to your decent highlights packages and other projects, and veer away from this tit for tat with very loyal supporters (your customer base after all). Youre doing good work- stop ruining it.

12 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Again nothing concrete on Zack either but it's clear the gaffer doesn't rate him and if he finds a new club he'll be off.

My guess is Spence was alluding to him on twitter when he said big name player on trial with Jason Marr. Zdravko Karadachki is a fairly big name.

If Aitchison is coming then that would be a death sentence for Spence this year. I know he'll need to be playing more regularly and another striker doesn't make sense with him still here.

It was a pal of Greigs training with Stirling, not Karadachki.

3 hours ago, jpm said:

Just to reflect that the form table is absolutely sensational at the moment! Our current run is reminiscent of the first half of the 2013/14 Championship season under Hartley. The players and manager deserve all the plaudits at the moment, long may it continue (we all know it won't last for long quite like this...) & what a time to be an Alloa supporter emoji7.pngFORM.JPG

Indeed. What a run we are on. Spirit yesterday was as good as its been in years. Different to Hartleys Championship team, in the sense that they racked up a lot of points early from the element of being a new team opponents knew little of.

The current team have grown into this campaign. We'll still have off days and setbacks of course, but should fear no one at the moment.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

What does this mean? The way Im reading this, its conveying that printer should be grateful you're passing over intel? Admittedly this may not be the case, its confusing. 

You're correct- the Zanatta deal isnt signed, sealed delivered. As per norm, nothing is complete until club post through official channels. The website gets criticism but it rarely lags on signings etc.

Alloa is a small club, and plenty of fans and others have connections within the club to find news, without feeling the need to plaster online. We've been here before. The likes of John Glencross dont do it, so neither should you. Rumours and chat are inevitable, just let it happen.

Stick to your decent highlights packages and other projects, and veer away from this tit for tat with very loyal supporters (your customer base after all). Youre doing good work- stop ruining it.

Yeah someone from the club informally keeping fans in the loop. Not like something that has been complained about plenty of times before.

Nothing I've said is privileged information either  "intel":lol:. I'm just disagreeing with newspapers and Chick Young on sportsound yesterday someone told me said he has 'signed' but unlike them I've got solid facts on my side.

The tit for tat is because Redwedge is questioning my credibility. Probably not the most dignified responses and I'm not going to waste my time on any more of their nonsense but equally if I'm not particularly impressed by comments I don't have to bite my tongue and listen to the pish spouted this is my account, not Alloa Athletic FC. Trotting out the same, tired, old patter that confused Gerry had me equally amused I must admit. Which to be fair, was double the patter Peter Houston had on the Alloa fan shouting abuse at him.

Obviously he's your pal but he's not the club and he's certainly not my customer base. I've said from the beginning of filming that my own "customer" base is folk from other clubs which vastly outnumber our "very loyal" supporters which I even doubt there is a majority who watch the highlights. The video obligations are first and foremost to league partners, then the manager and in last place is the fans, of which you can reach alot more away fans than home. Trying to turn any of my work around and say its ruined because you don't like things I say either is laughable. I'm confident it stands on it's own merit.

And if Gerry hasn't convinced you to stop coming I doubt I'm going to either, so you can sit down and listen.

Jeezo, the tannoy announcer and now the highlights guy? What is it with Alloa and having, what appear to be, complete zoomers involved with their club? Strange considering all the Alloa posters not involved with the club come across as a very decent bunch.

A very interesting outlook, and your overall aims and intentions for your work definitely noted.

Its not about whether youre right or wrong, and not suggesting that you should take stick-  but arguing with loyal supporters is inappropriate and reputationally damaging (as you can see from post above)

Im not getting into a spat on this- Ive had clashes with redwedge on here too, but for me you are wrong- he absolutely IS the club. A guy who has followed Alloa home and away for 40 plus years watching great amd dreadful Alloa teams unconditionally.

As for the last line- good grief :lol:

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Yeah someone from the club informally keeping fans in the loop. Not like something that has been complained about plenty of times before.

Nothing I've said is privileged information either  "intel"[emoji38]. I'm just disagreeing with newspapers and Chick Young on sportsound yesterday someone told me said he has 'signed' but unlike them I've got solid facts on my side.

The tit for tat is because Redwedge is questioning my credibility. Probably not the most dignified responses and I'm not going to waste my time on any more of their nonsense but equally if I'm not particularly impressed by comments I don't have to bite my tongue and listen to the pish spouted this is my account, not Alloa Athletic FC. Trotting out the same, tired, old patter that confused Gerry had me equally amused I must admit. Which to be fair, was double the patter Peter Houston had on the Alloa fan shouting abuse at him.

Obviously he's your pal but he's not the club and he's certainly not my customer base. I've said from the beginning of filming that my own "customer" base is folk from other clubs which vastly outnumber our "very loyal" supporters which I even doubt there is a majority who watch the highlights. The video obligations are first and foremost to league partners, then the manager and in last place is the fans, of which you can reach alot more away fans than home. Trying to turn any of my work around and say its ruined because you don't like things I say either is laughable. I'm confident it stands on it's own merit.

And if Gerry hasn't convinced you to stop coming I doubt I'm going to either, so you can sit down and listen.

Just, WOW!

Jeezo, the tannoy announcer and now the highlights guy? What is it with Alloa and having, what appear to be, complete zoomers involved with their club? Strange considering all the Alloa posters not involved with the club come across as a very decent bunch.

I like Alloa (for obvious reasons) but the two zoomers in question make it not to laugh at them.

I’ve said it before but anyone coming onto a fans forum acting all high and might with “ITK” info can seriously get to f**k. Rumours and all that are part and parcel and generally make for decent discussion but don’t barge your way in claiming to spout gospel.