The Alloa Athletic Thread

A domestic transfer can be done in a couple hours. This interview was at 6 o'clock on Thursday waiting for publication on Saturday but unless something has changed the transfer won't be done until after the weekend. Read between the lines. Heels are dragging. Hence no club announcement.

No heel dragging no minor changes to contracts all is done. Better and more qualified people than you commenting on it and you are clutching at straws . Stop standing with Gerry with tumblers against walls.

I heard today it’s not quite as done as Advertiser reports too. Still likely, however, u-turns aren’t impossible!

Just for fun as we need a good rumour. Jack Aitchison of Celtic, on loan at Dumbarton earlier this season, was in the stand today watching on. We all need a bit of rumour mill fun!

31 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

No heel dragging no minor changes to contracts all is done. Better and more qualified people than you commenting on it and you are clutching at straws . Stop standing with Gerry with tumblers against walls.

Don't listen to Gerry but as the person who publishes the stuff to social media when I ask how close something is to an announcement? should I be preparing something? I get told the actual story as opposed to press whispers.

So unless you want to qualify ignorance from anyone else as better than the truth then feel free to keep reading the sun.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Don't listen to Gerry but as the person who publishes the stuff to social media when I ask how close something is to an announcement? should I be preparing something? I get told the actual story as opposed to press whispers.
So unless you want to qualify ignorance from anyone else as better than the truth then feel free to keep reading the sun.

I don’t have the time or the crayons to explain this to you.

Once one media outlet has said something others just follow them so the stories that are appearing in different places are all coming from the Advertiser story, which wasn't confirmed. So no point in reading too much into these reports. Hopefully Dario will indeed sign in the next few weeks though. 

More importantly, what a team  :wub:. Never give up and such spirit and heart throughout it. Great times to be a Wasp. 

Edited by Waspie

Just now, Waspie said:

Once one media outlet has said something others just follow them so the stories that are appearing in different places are all coming from the Advertiser story, which wasn't confirmed. So no point in reading too much into these reports. Hopefully Dario will indeed sign in the next few weeks though. 

What a team though :wub:. Never give up and such spirit and heart throughout it. Great times to be a Wasp. 

Again Monday for Dario at the earliest. (I'll stop beating my drum on that.)

We are a cracking team. All across the pitch Andy Graham, Flannigan, Zanatta and Trouts had moments either way today but when it counts he steps up and wins the penalty and scores it. Manager is jokingly saying we could sneak the playoffs.  I think we have a great chance to finish 6th (I think Dobbie will keep Queen's away from us) if this level of performance keeps up and that is just a wild thought if you'd have even suggested it at the start of the season.

More importantly, what a team  :wub:. Never give up and such spirit and heart throughout it. Great times to be a Wasp. 

*next few days!!!

That was his last game under contract with the club. Spot on with all you’re saying though. Smashing player, smashing team ... roll on the cup tie!

Again Monday for Dario at the earliest. (I'll stop beating my drum on that.)

Thing is, if you are privileged to have inside information, then you should really be keeping it to yourself. That would be the classy, professional thing to do.

14 minutes ago, printer said:

Thing is, if you are privileged to have inside information, then you should really be keeping it to yourself. That would be the classy, professional thing to do.

Yep professional and not to mention classy for statements to be published in newspapers that are plain misleading concerning the club. I'm merely telling you nothing has been signed yet and have not told anyone why. Although feel free to consider yourself ITK at least a little as many are not.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Yep professional and not to mention classy for statements to be published in newspapers that are plain misleading concerning the club. I'm merely telling you nothing has been signed yet and have not told anyone why. Although feel free to consider yourself ITK at least a little as many are not.
What on earth are you talking about?

47 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Fair play to you lot. Every week I look and hope you lot have dropped points and somehow every week yous pull a win or draw out the bag. Still hoping we catch you though x

It's Partick who need to worry , Caldwell comes across as an absolute munter, and with him just in the door almost they may leave it too late to rectify. Falkirk have a better man in Mckinnon

and look the more likely to move up

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

I heard today it’s not quite as done as Advertiser reports too. Still likely, however, u-turns aren’t impossible!

Just for fun as we need a good rumour. Jack Aitchison of Celtic, on loan at Dumbarton earlier this season, was in the stand today watching on. We all need a bit of rumour mill fun!

I'd be interested to see how Aitchison gets on with you guys. He's clearly highly thought of at Celtic, but he didn't do much in his four games with us - albeit they were under Stevie Aitken - before going AWOL. FWIW the week before he signed for us he was in the stand watching, so I'd imagine there will be something in it.

He really, really struggled with the physicality of League One and, if the rumours are to be believed (which they probably aren't to be fair), that was why he terminated his loan early.