The Alloa Athletic Thread

Well it will be good when he is played in the right position , still it is handy to have him as back up . he was poor against the pars but then who wasn't

Agree he was poor on Saturday but can’t complain too much. Definitely a strong option off the bench and he has shown on occasions that he’s capable. Keeping the core of the squad together is so important so minimal turnover is welcome! No doubt he’ll play his part in the second half. Nothing to get majorly excited about but still a solid, positive deal.

10 hours ago, Waspie said:

Yes!

Does anyone remember when we did have a player called Ian Black? I was wee but vaguely recall him getting some stick for a lack of goals. 

Is this the same one that was at Cowden briefly? Went on to play for Haddington Athletic?

8 hours ago, pencils said:

Goodwin manager of the month and Zanatta player of the month. Outstanding achievement in this league

That was the news I was thinking of. Anyone know if we've had a manager get it in the championship? 

I don't recall Paul getting one.

12 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Agree he was poor on Saturday but can’t complain too much. Definitely a strong option off the bench and he has shown on occasions that he’s capable. Keeping the core of the squad together is so important so minimal turnover is welcome! No doubt he’ll play his part in the second half. Nothing to get majorly excited about but still a solid, positive deal.

Agree with this. Always had a slight fear that with 5 loans there is a danger of needing to do a quite significant rebuild mid-season. With Roscoe and Shields staying and a guy like Jordan, who knows the club so well, coming in, there isn't going to be huge upheaval and that's a very positive thing. Do feel as well that Shields has shown up well at times and that he is capable of more in the second half of the season. Both he and Burt had their moments over the last few months. 

Hopefully another couple to come. Ideally Dario being one of those but we'll need to wait and see regarding that. 

Edited by Waspie

4 minutes ago, martynwasp said:

Good source at Hearts told me this morning that it’s done

Still waiting for an official announcement though

For good reason. I'm paranoid this morning that Dario's thanks to everyone at Alloa is a goodbye message.

Edited by LeodhasXD

7 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Goodwin did say in his comments about the award that it’s 99.9% done. Those are pretty good odds.

Those were on Thursday night when I think we also got the documentation from Hearts to extend the loan but still nothing is signed. Just want to temper expectation. I still hope he signs but you know how agents work these days. If a better offer comes up over the weekend then we'll all be gutted.

4 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Sorry but deal looks done according toBBC Scottish football gossip and Edinburgh evening newsIMG_0173.jpg

A domestic transfer can be done in a couple hours. This interview was at 6 o'clock on Thursday waiting for publication on Saturday but unless something has changed the transfer won't be done until after the weekend. Read between the lines. Heels are dragging. Hence no club announcement.