The Alloa Athletic Thread

Yep as has already been said Dario's up on the 14th. Expecting a decision on Connor Shields next. Doesn't look like Liam Burt will be back though.

I heard of the interest from Queen of the South and Dundee United too. If Hearts have signed another striker then that's worse for us. If he'd have gone back and played a game or two for Hearts then they'd got a striker in he could only have came back on loan to us, if I'm not mistaken. Although his dad seemed to enjoy visiting so hope that's a good sign.

My thoughts on Dario is that Hearts will release him come the end of year and he'll be looking for full time football in the summer so if someone offers it just now then it wouldn't surprise me to see him go elsewhere. Of course could also backfire on him, he's clearly enjoying his football here in a good atmosphere, where there is little expectation and all of the teams higher in the league seem to have problems or are just rank rotten as we've heard.

6 hours ago, Waspie said:

Whiff of desperation about some of this talk about Zanatta from other clubs. I didn't hear of any interest in him this time last month when he was on 1 league goal for the season. A wee scoring burst and clubs are apparently falling over themselves to try and get him in? 

Queens have been interested in him before. 

Arbroath fans seem to think that Spence is signing for them today (apparent article in Dundee Courier quotes this as being the case) which if it happens is hopefully  a sign that Zanatta is going to be with us for the duration of the season. 

2 hours ago, Craigy said:

Arbroath fans seem to think that Spence is signing for them today (apparent article in Dundee Courier quotes this as being the case) which if it happens is hopefully  a sign that Zanatta is going to be with us for the duration of the season. 

it would be on loan ? 

6 hours ago, Craigy said:

I would assume this would only take place if Dario is staying at the club.

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

I would assume this would only take place if Dario is staying at the club.

This.

Tbh being greedy I'd keep Spence all year if I could. Granted he might not enjoy being on the bench but on Saturday he's assisted the goal and I still think he could contribute.

Tbh being greedy I'd keep Spence all year if I could. Granted he might not enjoy being on the bench but on Saturday he's assisted the goal and I still think he could contribute.

He may have contributed, but the stats (and his performances) for us this season, together with his last for us in the Championship strongly suggest that any contribution would be minor. He's better away for both parties IMO.

Good luck to him of course. And I'd welcome him back in future if we find ourselves league 1. He should score goals at Arbroath, they are an attacking team and the best in their division.