The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

Not the biggest surprise sad he’s going

JAKE HASTIE is to return to his parent club Motherwell next month after Fir Park bosses decided against extending his loan spell.

where did you read it ? shame if this is so ,we need to strengthen the squad not weaken it....Drat.

No surprise based on Robinsons recent quotes. Although he'll be a miss, its clear indication of success and in the long term will ensure similar arrangements will be attracted to the club.

If we retain our other loan options, and reshuffle our striking options I think we can compensate. The manager clearly (and to his credit) has individuals fitting a system- not the other way round.

An excellent piece of business by the club- watching Jake run at opposition defenders has provided some real entertainment over the past 6 months. Can see Motherwell looking to use him as an impact sub initially, hope he progresses. Assume anyone from Motherwell who has come along to monitor him must have been impressed.

2 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

No surprise based on Robinsons recent quotes. Although he'll be a miss, its clear indication of success and in the long term will ensure similar arrangements will be attracted to the club.

If we retain our other loan options, and reshuffle our striking options I think we can compensate. The manager clearly (and to his credit) has individuals fitting a system- not the other way round.

An excellent piece of business by the club- watching Jake run at opposition defenders has provided some real entertainment over the past 6 months. Can see Motherwell looking to use him as an impact sub initially, hope he progresses. Assume anyone from Motherwell who has come along to monitor him must have been impressed.

Entirely speculation on my part but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we were open to getting another couple of our u20s on loan to you.

Goodwin seems to have done a really good job with Hastie and from listening to Craigan, Robinson and Burrows Motherwell are keen to get the u20s playing competitive games (with a team/coach they trust).

There are probably three or four of our u20s who are a level or two above the Reserve league but not quite there for our first team.

Entirely speculation on my part but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we were open to getting another couple of our u20s on loan to you.
Goodwin seems to have done a really good job with Hastie and from listening to Craigan, Robinson and Burrows Motherwell are keen to get the u20s playing competitive games (with a team/coach they trust).
There are probably three or four of our u20s who are a level or two above the Reserve league but not quite there for our first team.
As well as Jim G doing a good job, our dressing room is by all accounts a very good one; squad is packed with good characters and good footballers. I spoke to Jake's dad a few times, early on in his time at Alloa particularly, and he said Jake was really enjoying it at the Indodrill.

Frankly, the only chance Falkirk have of staying up is Hastie and Zanetta being recalled and Partick giving Caldwell to the end of the season. 

Or a miracle. 

First time in 30 years watching Falkirk that there's been a team that I'd be happy to 100% see the back of. 

Hastie has been recalled so step one of your miraculous plan has been ticked off.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Nice ..bags a fans versus team kickabout 

Don't know if there'll be that kind of kickabout :lol: but I was watching the 6 a sides games that they were playing the other night and our team is literally fire. Ahmed is understandably ridiculous in training.