The Alloa Athletic Thread

43 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

I was under the impression all the loans bar one was a deal till January. Is it Roscoe who has a guaranteed full-year or am I making things up?

No all of them are up at some stage in January. I think one was spuriously put as an all year one.

9 hours ago, Waspie said:

Yeah, I'm aware none are cup tied, but parent clubs can obviously request that they don't play in case they are required for cup ties if they go back in January. Hopefully that won't be the case. 

I asked in at the club this morning and they said they were aware of it and checking the contracts before tonight's training.  So my bring my boots to training comment might not be far off.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering did anyone hear/see the referee goading the home fans at the end of the game? 

Steward told today after it that he was blocking the referee from going back out of the tunnel to which he replied and you wonder why all the referees give a negative report about the games here.

I was at the dugout at time up. Didn't see the ref goading anyone, although there were a lot of bodies and I was more focussed on applauding the goalkeeper. He was certainly given torrents of abuse by some, so if he did respond I wouldnt be describing it as goading and it certainly wasnt unprovoked. 

Other than an offside being given which looked suspiciously like occurring in  Alloas own half, I didnt think the ref did too badly over the piece.

Theres a selection who like to get on officials backs but i dont think our ground is any worse than others to that regard.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Seeing as the land across from the ground is being worked on at the moment  (old car park) does anyone know what is being built ?. I presume the club will have sold this land for a fair amount?

Update  found this , seems the land is owned by rubicon, did the club sell the land to them or did they ever even own  It ?

http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/13535211.50-new-jobs-in-the-pipeline-thanks-to-lidl-and-rubicon/

Edited by whereismillar
good

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Seeing as the land across from the ground is being worked on at the moment  (old car park) does anyone know what is being built ?. I presume the club will have sold this land for a fair amount?

Update  found this , seems the land is owned by rubicon, did the club sell the land to them or did they ever even own  It ?

http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/13535211.50-new-jobs-in-the-pipeline-thanks-to-lidl-and-rubicon/

Sold to Lidl along time ago.

59 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

what I was wondering was ,did the club do well financially from it?

I don't know the financial details and honestly it was such a long time ago I don't know if anyone would remember. I couldn't tell you if the club benefitted from it directly or if some other part of the Mulraney group did. It was just disused ground and the bits we use every week have certainly improved in the last decade.

Lidl have been moving to that patch of ground "imminently" for fucking years.

Apparently they weren't happy about not having exclusive use of the car park off Greenside Street, despite it being half-empty most of the time, so they're moving to a smaller location that's guaranteed to have fewer parking places  :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Lidl have been moving to that patch of ground "imminently" for fucking years.

Apparently they weren't happy about not having exclusive use of the car park off Greenside Street, despite it being half-empty most of the time, so they're moving to a smaller location that's guaranteed to have fewer parking places  :rolleyes:

Imminently is apparently not until next summer last I heard. Which is longer than I thought it would take once they actually started working.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:06, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I was at the dugout at time up. Didn't see the ref goading anyone, although there were a lot of bodies and I was more focussed on applauding the goalkeeper. He was certainly given torrents of abuse by some, so if he did respond I wouldnt be describing it as goading and it certainly wasnt unprovoked. 

Other than an offside being given which looked suspiciously like occurring in  Alloas own half, I didnt think the ref did too badly over the piece.

Theres a selection who like to get on officials backs but i dont think our ground is any worse than others to that regard.

There was one numpty ( a regular offender I think) shouting dogs abuse at the referee) , The ref, while walking off looked across and winked at the abuser, and then he went up the tunnel. That's all I saw.

9 hours ago, BigMartyn86 said:

I imagine that Liam Burt won't be getting his loan deal renewed next month. Hard to judge him as a player as he has hardly had any game time for us.

Hopefully we can keep a hold of Dario, Hastie and Shields.

Can't  see Adam brown staying for long either, hopefully get rid of one or two and try some other options

10 hours ago, BigMartyn86 said:

I imagine that Liam Burt won't be getting his loan deal renewed next month. Hard to judge him as a player as he has hardly had any game time for us.

Hopefully we can keep a hold of Dario, Hastie and Shields.

Fwiw: Robinson was in the press last week talking about us promoting Hastie to our first team when he comes back in January. I'd say if we move Elliot Frear on in January (and there's a fair chance we will) then Hastie would be likely to take his place.

"Jake Hastie, who is out on loan, wasn't ready to start in the summer, he is one we may bring back because we do lack wide men.

"There are young boys who have moved on which perhaps allows me to move some of the squad players out if we are able to do that and strengthen our starting XI."

Edited by capt_oats