The Alloa Athletic Thread

26 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

The three guys  who were sheperded /crammed into the alloa end / section  at tannadicewere his family or friends as they were communicating after the game , good story and i hope he makes it ..

Yeah they looked dead proud of him and the boy did well when he came on. It was a nice wee moment.

Another solid performance yesterday. We'll be doing well to keep Goodwin all season if this keeps up.

After not being sure about him to start with Liam Dick was outstanding again yesterday I thought. Been really fortunate with left backs over the past few years. He's also very capable at centre half as well

After not being sure about him to start with Liam Dick was outstanding again yesterday I thought. Been really fortunate with left backs over the past few years. He's also very capable at centre half as well

This!

Andy & Taggs always get plaudits and rightly so as they’ve yet to put a foot wrong all season pretty much. Sam Roscoe has come in unfazed as well for a youngster. However, Liam Dick just gets on with his job, wherever he is on the park, with no fuss and of good quality.

He got a few pelters when he signed and even more so since his one mistake against Morton but he’s done well! There was still a few questionable shouts at him yesterday from certain fans but he can’t please them all unfortunately. Not quite as good as Calum Crane but Goody has done a smashing job replacing him - the back four in recent weeks have been superb. Just need to get a system that works up too now!

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Two more points and you’ve beat Brechin!!

16 more and we'll beat Dumbarton's total against the full time sides. At that point I'll have a wee snigger towards last years participants. Then when Falkirk are relegated and Dunfermline are in the playoffs I'll have another.

11 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

16 more and we'll beat Dumbarton's total against the full time sides. At that point I'll have a wee snigger towards last years participants. Then when Falkirk are relegated and Dunfermline are in the playoffs I'll have another.

Don't worry about Dunfermline, just make sure you get Falkirk belted on the 29th...

Morton Fans + Jim Goodwin = True Love By Both

Delighted that one of our young lads, Blaine Prentice from the supporters team has just signed with the Alloa youth team tonight, he went in for a trial on Tuesday. He made his debut with us in February as a 16 year old and has been taking the mikey out of grown men twice his size on the wing on a weekly basis since.

All the best to the lad and hopefully the youth team start turning things around.

The supporters team are raising money for Prostate Cancer UK in the build up to our trip to London in two weeks time for when we play West Ham in the British Cup.

If anyone would like to donate then they can do so through our just giving page- www.justgiving.com/westhamwasps

Any donations are greatly appreciated.

We’ve just signed Callum Crane on loan from Livi, what’s he like? Obviously was good for you guys last season and I remember being impressed by him (along with the whole Alloa team) in the week which shall not be spoken about!

But what type of full back is he? Defensive/attacking/good crosser etc.

34 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

We’ve just signed Callum Crane on loan from Livi, what’s he like? Obviously was good for you guys last season and I remember being impressed by him (along with the whole Alloa team) in the week which shall not be spoken about!

But what type of full back is he? Defensive/attacking/good crosser etc.

He is an attacking left back, i always said he was too good for us and will do you a lot of good , i am surprised livi loaned him out , he is too good for league  1 for sure ..