The Alloa Athletic Thread

To add to the questions, anyone know if the club got the new shirts in yet?

I'm heading away on Saturday and was hoping to get one as a gift for someone. I'm sure Leo had said they should be available on Saturday.

1 hour ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Any rumours circulating on potential signings? Big game on Sat, would be good to pick up the first points of the season.

Will be as hard a game as any this weekend but I think if we want to stay up we really need to have a go at teams like Morton at home.

We have a good nucleus of a squad just now and it was a shame for the lads who ran themselves into the ground in Dingwall on Saturday to not come away with anything. I'm a massive Goodwin fan and think he has the makings of being an Alloa great but we should have more than one player who can realistically come on in our opening league game. Hopefully Mike backs him and gives Jim a good chance of keeping us up. It was a hard one to take on Saturday when the County subs won the game for them, we deserved a draw in my opinion.

Mon The Wasps!

27 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

We have a good nucleus of a squad just now and it was a shame for the lads who ran themselves into the ground in Dingwall on Saturday to not come away with anything. I'm a massive Goodwin fan and think he has the makings of being an Alloa great but we should have more than one player who can realistically come on in our opening league game. Hopefully Mike backs him and gives Jim a good chance of keeping us up. It was a hard one to take on Saturday when the County subs won the game for them, we deserved a draw in my opinion.

Mon The Wasps!

8 hours ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Mon The Wasps!

The thing that stands out to me is that the nucleus of that squad were all with the club prior to Goodwin taking over. Is there any of his signings over the previous season and a half still on the books? The policy of taking on so many loan players last season might have got us up via the lottery that is the playoffs, but it was always going to leave us with a hell of a lot of strengthening to be done over the summer to be competitive in a much tougher league. So far the squad is nowhere near big enough and looks weaker than the one we went up with. We are nowhere near as bad as Brechin, but a couple of bad injuries and it could be a very sore season.