The Alloa Athletic Thread

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Oh good, we're back to the weekly arguments about our ticket prices.

Just out of curiosity, how much did Brechin charge last season to entice players of the quality of Isaac Layne in their bid to compete with the full-timers?

You'll need to try and find a Brechin fan to answer that one for you. All the best with that endeavour.

Missed today's game but imagine a win on tuesday we'll be qualified for the next round.

And speaking of memories. Return of Quitongo (rico) as left back cover?  Been looking through some teams to see if anyone stands out as a loanable player.

First time I've seen us this season and was fairly impressed.

Trouten and Spence look a really good partnership. Hastie looked good and got better as the game wore on. Best player on the park for me was big Andy though. What a leader!

2 hours ago, pencils said:

First time I've seen us this season and was fairly impressed.

Trouten and Spence look a really good partnership. Hastie looked good and got better as the game wore on. Best player on the park for me was big Andy though. What a leader!

10/10 description of the games so far to be honest too. Getting my belief on that we might not actually be bottom come May.

Good luck to the Wasps this year. Recreation Park was the pinnacle of my football career. I got booked for elbowing the guy I was marking in a cup final there when I was 14. He got booked for laughing at me getting booked. I will always treasure the Recs. I was also a mascot there when I was 10 and got a handshake from Gregor Abel and free pies in the portakabin beside the stand at half time. 

Obviously an excellent result yesterday, and well deserved. With an extra five minutes may have won outright. Be interesting to see the penalty claim which the referee deemed just outside the area.

As a unit we are getting there. Its still noticeable that individuals are blending into the established core group of players.Karadachki looked pretty solid, distribution could be better from the back at times but slotted in nicely. Similar story with Liam Dick. Adam Brown still to fully establish his role. Looked to be trying to do too much amd spread himself way too thin. Improved as the game went on though. Id suspect Hetherington will come back in when fully fit and give us a better balance in there. Hastie was terrific on the left. Some great touches and caused the home defence lots of problems as an outball. Trouten and Spence linked up well, good movement by both.

The spirit was there, we never gave up and grew more and more into it. Parry also made a great stop before the break to keep us in it. Good composure by all in the shootout.

Obviously an excellent result yesterday, and well deserved. With an extra five minutes may have won outright. Be interesting to see the penalty claim which the referee deemed just outside the area.
As a unit we are getting there. Its still noticeable that individuals are blending into the established core group of players.Karadachki looked pretty solid, distribution could be better from the back at times but slotted in nicely. Similar story with Liam Dick. Adam Brown still to fully establish his role. Looked to be trying to do too much amd spread himself way too thin. Improved as the game went on though. Id suspect Hetherington will come back in when fully fit and give us a better balance in there. Hastie was terrific on the left. Some great touches and caused the home defence lots of problems as an outball. Trouten and Spence linked up well, good movement by both.
The spirit was there, we never gave up and grew more and more into it. Parry also made a great stop before the break to keep us in it. Good composure by all in the shootout.

A lot of positives from yesterday it’s was a pity we did kill united off in the second half. The only negative is looking at lack of experience and numbers on the bench.

17 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

10/10 description of the games so far to be honest too. Getting my belief on that we might not actually be bottom come May.

it's going to depend largely on whether we can keep the gaffer once we're top at Christmas.

Still, Hartley should be thoroughly fucked off with Falkirk by then...

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

it's going to depend largely on whether we can keep the gaffer once we're top at Christmas.

Still, Hartley should be thoroughly fucked off with Falkirk by then...

Like to think he'd stay the whole season and then have a crack at the prem next year.

Dunno if I'd want Hartley back. I slagged his Falkirk team in the friendly and didn't realise he was getting into his car behind me as I was speaking.

Id suspect Hetherington will come back in when fully fit and give us a better balance in there.

How has Flanny been in the two competitive games? I thought he was outstanding in a central role in the two friendlies I saw; he was IMO better than anything Falkirk had in midfield.

How has Flanny been in the two competitive games? I thought he was outstanding in a central role in the two friendlies I saw; he was IMO better than anything Falkirk had in midfield.

Thought he was decent against Arbroath but don’t think the narrow pitch will really suit his game. On a side note that’s two bookings he has picked up.

I think the opposite. His touch, composure and general reading of the game will allow him to create in at times more confined spaces.

Flannigan very good in both games. Key aspect I've noticed is him really stepping up to the plate in terms of taking responsibility. Clearly recognises his role as the the key midfield player in the team- dictating and leading.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)