The Alloa Athletic Thread

Good performance all round, apart from a couple individual errors which you cant afford at this level. Hopefully just a one off. Zack and Andy at the back look like a great partnership and compliment each other well, and the strikers were excellent, spence took both his goals really well. Bench was looking light though tonight with no attacking options so thats clearly an are we need to improve in.

Still no galt, what is the script. Has he been seen at all?

Not been seen at all. I think I saw on his social media the other day that he was away doing Futsal stuff down south. Been having headaches too as mentioned above!

Seems like we might need to plan without him - can’t have that with such a small squad!

Not been seen at all. I think I saw on his social media the other day that he was away doing Futsal stuff down south. Been having headaches too as mentioned above!

Seems like we might need to plan without him - can’t have that with such a small squad!

Cant really see him forcing his way into that team anyway, maybe a squad player having said that

I actually thought the ref was fine last night overall. Let a few things go, and allowed proceedings to get a little feisty but never letting it get out of hand. Noticed how it was panning out and actually let the game flow. Made for a more entertaining game.

Still clearly work to be done but a good outing for us. Spence and Trouten look dangerous and working well together. Look good on the counter which bodes well for the season. Stevie H still a miss in the middle, and another few players clearly required. But looked pretty decent in all departments. Few errors but the game played at a high tempo at times and players from both sides still getting back into their groove.

Better big Neilly gets that one out of his system now. Didnt change the outcome in the end and just one of those things.

Enjoyable evening.

Hi All,

Sorry to jump in to the thread but I'm looking for a little help with something a bit (very) obscure. I'm looking to find out where I can get Alloa's appearance charts for the 1996/97 season. And more specifically which game/games Ally Dick played in that season (believe it was just 1). Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Cheers. 

Hi All,
Sorry to jump in to the thread but I'm looking for a little help with something a bit (very) obscure. I'm looking to find out where I can get Alloa's appearance charts for the 1996/97 season. And more specifically which game/games Ally Dick played in that season (believe it was just 1). Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Cheers. 
Alloastats on twitter will be a good place to start.

I think Dick only ever played one game, got subbed on, injured, then subbed off again.

Hi All,

If you can't find the info online, your local library might have the relevant volume of the Rothman's/Sky Sports annual (can't remember what it was called then) which should have the details. My collection doesn't go back that far, so can't help.

45 minutes ago, Mount Flo-Rida said:

Hi All,

I seem to recall it was a 3-1 home win for Alloa against Queen's Park. A bit of googling tells me it could have been 18/01/1997?

Ally Dick was brought on for the last 10 minutes or so. He was barely able to run, but his control and deft one-touch passes were something else. I was glad to have witnessed it. 

2 hours ago, Craigy said:

I see Jordan Kilpatrick has done his knee ligaments, expected to be out for three months at least, so he won't be coming............next........

Just means another January return for Kirkpatrick with another the promotion playoff final winner.

42 minutes ago, printer said:
On 19/07/2018 at 20:35, roman_bairn said:

Fuxake, how could Alloa justify that then Falkirk were playing down the road with a max price of £10 entry.....

Quality of football, mate.

Still a shocking amount of money to watch Alloa, whatever way you spin it.

Mind you, £22 to watch Falkirk if we repeat last season will be a sore one.

Oh good, we're back to the weekly arguments about our ticket prices.

Just out of curiosity, how much did Brechin charge last season to entice players of the quality of Isaac Layne in their bid to compete with the full-timers?