The Alloa Athletic Thread

We’ve signed Liam Dick, the CB with the funky name and a back up keeper. Liam dick looked decent from the games I’ve watched. If Kirky signs I’d be quite happy with that squad.
Zack is an excellent signing for you. [emoji1305][emoji1319]

We’ve signed Liam Dick, the CB with the funky name and a back up keeper. Liam dick looked decent from the games I’ve watched. If Kirky signs I’d be quite happy with that squad.
Agree, we have a decent base now to start the season on Tuesday.

We still need 3 (at least I'd say) quality players to come in, but those will surely be through loans.

12 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

I assume with the colours of the new strips this year, that the blue one from last year will become our third strip this season?

As far as I'm aware we're playing the Betfred Cup games with the blue one. It'll retire after that.

1 minute ago, BigMartyn86 said:
5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:
As far as I'm aware we're playing the Betfred Cup games with the blue one. It'll retire after that.

Thought we might have kept it like the maroon kit that sometimes got an outing.

The problem with it is it doesn't have squad numbers. Championship needs squad numbers.

Delighted that we’ve signed Dicko and Zack as they impressed me in the games against Berwick and Falkirk...would’ve also been happy to sign Ross Brown as I thought he looked decent when he came on against Falkirk...

I think he might hold this squad out and bring some quality loans on January like last season.
Can't get away with that at this level.

We need a squad competing for places, even if it's only a small one we still need a group of players up for it. I believe that Goodwin will see us OK this season, it'll be hard but we won't be another Brechin.

We still need 3 or 4 more players. We have a flat back 4 and no one else cover for injuries or suspensions, 1 out and out striker and very limited options from the bench. I agree that the 11 starters we have now are more than capable of competing but its a long season and a big squad will be needed.

1 hour ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Can't get away with that at this level.

We need a squad competing for places, even if it's only a small one we still need a group of players up for it. I believe that Goodwin will see us OK this season, it'll be hard but we won't be another Brechin.

You wont be another Brechin. You are better than that.  Its going to be difficult to finish above two full time sides though. There are some small squads though. If a couple get injury problems they will struggle (including us).