The Alloa Athletic Thread

5 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Anyway, I hear a replacement for big Gaz Fleming is coming in today. An internationally capped midfield battler from Tranent, East Lothian with previous big game experience. Should be a signing of epic proportions which will set the tone for an exciting campaign.

Got a  name?

2 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

You guys have signed Jake Hastie from us on loan. Highly rated left sided attacker. Pacy, direct and aggressive.

Was on loan at Airdrie last year and seems to have done well.

Good player, but doesn’t look like he enjoys tracking back from what I remember so hopefully jim will drill it into him 

You guys have signed Jake Hastie from us on loan. Highly rated left sided attacker. Pacy, direct and aggressive.

Was on loan at Airdrie last year and seems to have done well.

IMG_8615.jpg Apparently we signed him a month ago, so wonder what the issue was. I’m sure it was a season long loan aswell.

12 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

IMG_8615.jpg

Apparently we signed him a month ago, so wonder what the issue was. I’m sure it was a season long loan aswell.

He definitely hadn't signed back then. He was away on our training camp in Ireland with the rest of the squad and he was also assigned a squad number.

Having said that Robinson mentioned that there were a few loan deals for our 20s that we had agreed in the interview he did for the club YouTube channel. That interview went live on 14th June. It seemed a bit strange that he didn't feature in the squad for the friendly we played against Crusaders as I think pretty much everyone else who was over, bar Cadden, was involved so it may be the case that we had agreed in principle but wanted him to start pre-season with us.

Fwiw: Hastie's one of my favourite players in our u20s group. We've been trying to re-purpose him as a striker rather than the wide midfielder/winger he started out as. He's  probably best playing as an inside forward cutting in from wide. He's a decent finisher, can play on the shoulder, has a decent burst of pace and can erm...'draw' fouls. I hope he gets game time with you guys as IMO he's got the potential to be a cracking player and I'd very much like to see him make the step up to our first team.

Got to say that I was impressed with Liam Dick going forward today and would happily sign him along with the Bulgarian centre back...

New signings all looked good for me...Trouten looks like he has already forged a good understanding with Spencey...Adam Brown had a good game as did Hastie...

As for the young boys that came on in the 2nd half - the young striker No15 I would like another look at...

The guy at centre back was excellent today, very Jason Marr-esque i thought. Trouten and Spence have been linking up very well and on another day Spence could’ve had a couple of goals as well. Still need a few signings to have a decent enough squad to compete in the championship.

Trouten looks the part which he always has right enough, always liked him.

The centre half zack looked decent but other than that none of the trialists looked any good, maybe take a punt on ross brown.

Woulda been nice to see galt playing, whats the script with him anyone know?

To answer the question about berwick being shite, they looked no better or worse than montrose the other night and they were league 2 winners so i’d say you’ll be fine.

On 07/07/2018 at 19:47, falkirkwasp said:

The centre half zack looked decent but other than that none of the trialists looked any good, maybe take a punt on ross brown.

Zdravko Karadachi, glad he's going by Zack:lol:

Can you imagine wasps1 trying to do that name in the teamsheets:lol: