The Alloa Athletic Thread

I see Jason Marr is trialing with Stirling Albion this week................i hope this does not  mean Father Barry will be migrating to the dark side [emoji38] 

Surely Marr can get an offer higher than L2

Thoughts on Adam Martin ?
Over-rated by many in the Alloa support on the basis of a couple of entertaining cameos where he knicked a couple of goals.

Loaned out to Clyde last season and didn't get many starts for them. Doubt he'll get many for you, unless you are very poor.

Over-rated by many in the Alloa support on the basis of a couple of entertaining cameos where he knicked a couple of goals.

Loaned out to Clyde last season and didn't get many starts for them. Doubt he'll get many for you, unless you are very poor.

He featured early in the season as an impact sub in a period when we were doing badly as a team. I thought he did well (going forward) with the limited opportunities presented, particularly in the circumstances. I think your judgment is overly harsh.

1 hour ago, fruitbowl said:

He featured early in the season as an impact sub in a period when we were doing badly as a team. I thought he did well (going forward) with the limited opportunities presented, particularly in the circumstances. I think your judgment is overly harsh.

I'd agree with that. Not only did he do well in that period, he was frequently the player Alloa looked to for some kind of inspiration as we struggled early in the season. I'd even say he offered a good bit more off the bench than PJ Crossan did after New Year.  Whether or not Adam can be an effective regular starter for QP is up for debate, but there is talent there to work with. 

More importantly, please sign some good players Jim.

Not heard anything about that is that the ex Morton player

Yes. Former Alloa defender, most recently with Morton but released at the end of last season. Would be a great signing if he is headed to Dumfries, but would love to see him back at the Recs.

We'll see what level Adam ends up having the majority of his career at. I'm guessing outwith the SPL.

6 hours ago, printer said:
20 hours ago, fruitbowl said:

We'll see what level Adam ends up having the majority of his career at. I'm guessing outwith the SPL.

I'd say that's pretty much a stick-on

Nothing much to write home about, fragmented and disjointed as youd expect with a number of trialists. Pre season friendlies are predominantly grim, and Goodwillies goal was the only real highlight of the game.

He was the highlight of the game for me, way too good for that level.

I assume we have signed jesus garcia tena as his was the only name mentioned. All the others were trialists.