The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 01/06/2018 at 15:19, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So the Fife experience destroyed a talented Scottish footballer and exiled him to the other side of the world. Tsk.

Best wishes and thanks to Callum crane. Many players over the years go Chuck Norris "missing in action" after signing a pre contract with another team.  However Callum was the complete opposite and ran his guts  out for us in the second half of the season especially in the play offs . A winner with undoubted quality to play at the top level . 

A very canny signing for Livingston and leaves with our best wishes .  

15 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Ding ding round 2, another ex airdrie player.

Good signing for you. Very direct, great pace and loves taking men on. Decision making sometimes poor, but that's to be expected for someone his age. 

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him pushing for starts at Motherwell next year.

Lost 8-2. Trailing 2-0 at half time with our keeper sent off. St Johnstone come out after time and get two goals in the opening two minutes of the second half. St Johnstone showed why they are league champions and put us to the sword to complete a league and cup double. Seemed that any chance they got they scored and we missed any chance we got. We hit the bar in the opening minute and probably the better side going into half time. 
Regardless of the result I'm proud of the lads and how far we've come in such a short period of time. Also had a great laugh at our player of the year night last night in The Station.

Best thing about football is that there is always next year...

Mon The Wasps!

Sent from my G3311 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Great effort from everyone involved to get to the final.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

"We wont hear the end of this "last word larry" time to move on .."
You sound like my missus when she's not getting her way in an argument - she just changes the subject...
Anyway, I'll leave you guys in peace to talk about your stand  (unless Printer wants to reply to my post - then "Larry" might appear again!)
Didn't read it, mate.

Life's too short.

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:55, Roger Thornhill said:

Another coprophilic obsessed with "shite" . 

45 minutes ago, printer said:

Indeed. They seem a bit obsessed with shitebaggery and cowardice. A very odd bunch.

I rest my case - Printer - obsessed and constantly spouting (shite).   A man  that doesn't read posts (if they they are too difficult for him to to answer ) .   

I rest my case - Printer - obsessed and constantly spouting (shite).   A man  that doesn't read posts (if they they are too difficult for him to to answer ) .   

What colour is the sky in your world, Roger?

There's nothing you could ever write that would be too difficult for me to answer. Trust me.

3 hours ago, Nipples said:

Good signing for you. Very direct, great pace and loves taking men on. Decision making sometimes poor, but that's to be expected for someone his age. 

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him pushing for starts at Motherwell next year.

On his day, yes he can be all of those, for me he always came across as a bit lazy. Mind you he was nearly always subbed for Brown who then made Hastie look like a world beater........

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:15, Roger Thornhill said:

Your keep on repeating and repeating and repeating  and repeating and repeating "shitebag" and "cowardly". Although as you know these words came from a couple of posts . But you still  keep repeating and repeating.   Most posts from Airdrie fans tried to explain the raitionale regarding their feelings towards Brown  (if you cared to read them).  

"They have been about the Airdrie fans desperation to label a young player as a 'shitebag' and 'cowardly'. As I said, it says more about you than him."   Can you explain? Why does this say more about me?  Would you like to read my posts and tell me?    I think the fact that you have tried to associate me with these quotes speaks volumes about you. Blinkered and lazy posting at it's best.   

32 minutes ago, printer said:

What colour is the sky in your world, Roger?

There's nothing you could ever write that would be too difficult for me to answer. Trust me.

On you go.

Bit of a strange one. In January 2016 Jack Ross had realised that Danny Lennon had left him a shite squad, low on confidence, and with little chance of improving that squad before the summer.  Narrowing the park made that limited team a bit harder to beat and probably helped to develop something of a siege mentality. It was a nice wee gimmick for a few months before we were able to add more creative players. We're in a very different situation now, we do have creative players and have apparently just added another wide player.  Not convinced this is a good idea.