The Alloa Athletic Thread

25 minutes ago, printer said:

Greig scored four league goals in the Championship last time for us; three of which were against part-time sides. We will be the only part-time team in the Championship next season. His record in league one for us is largely irrelevant as we won't be playing at that level.

Interestingly Isaac got three league goals against full-time teams last season.

Now of course Greig is a MUCH better footballer and finisher than Isaac, but the point IMO is our strikers next year either need to be capable of scoring consistently at that level or be able to effectively hold the ball up/create for others to finish.

Personally I don't think Greig comes into either of those categories. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Don"t forget those two against the 2nd biggest team in Scotland in the cup though. 

To be fair that season we struggled for the majority of it and Liam Buchanan was absolutely outstanding. Spence was pretty much benched for the 2nd half of the season. Any striker that manages double figures for us next season will be very welcome. 

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aww, everyone's being so nice.

I give it 'til dinner time.

It'll never last that long.  You guys will be fine, given what Brechin put the league through last year.

4 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Hi Champs.....nice to  be back, not been to a lot of grounds in here for a while . looking forward to it ...

I've got a soft spot for Alloa as a team, might pop into the away end at Tannadice when you are up giving Utd a spanking.

Falkirk fans posting in here does Back post misses still post? Used to love his rants that he couldn't see past the taller people that he chose to stand behind at the recs and how it was all our fault