The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, bsd said:

Not having that. What did he achieve with us?

Oh yeah, got us relegated to the the third division. Which in a way was his most usefull contribution as it got him kicked out and Hartley came in.

Oh aye we also had our massive bottling of the the 2nd division title under him. Nearly forgot that great achievement.

Edit - thought I would have a wee look and in his 5 full seasons in charge of us his league record was P180 W66 D42 L72 which I make to be a win record of 36.7%. Pretty shite if you ask me. How many would tolerate a record like this for Goodwin.

Goodwins is 42%. Not massively better.

10 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Still better. Plus he is a rookie manager who is bound to make mistakes. Maitland was an established experienced manager who had been managing league teams for 7 years before he came to Alloa.

3 minutes ago, bsd said:

Still better. Plus he is a rookie manager who is bound to make mistakes. Maitland was an established experienced manager who had been managing league teams for 7 years before he came to Alloa.

Yep I agree. My point is a record not a million miles away is being tolerated by many, including me despite somewhat mixed messages to the contrary.

53 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

His record since he dropped himself is 50%: P20 W10 D5 L5 (including the 4 playoff games) 

Not bad for a first shot at managing, I would say. 

Edited by English Wasp

His record since he dropped himself is 50%: P20 W10 D5 L5 (including the 4 playoff games) 
Not bad for a first shot at managing, I would say. 

Maybe not but it's irrelevant whether or not it's his first time managing. If he can do the job then I'm happy. Now I'm just waiting to see how the start of the season goes.

Mally not the fastest but not slow either,never gives opposition defence a rest, but as a lone striker with high balls coming in is wasted. Was at his best playing along with big One picking up second ball. Def nothing less than 100%effort

Hopefully Waters Re-signing,

The only problem I would have with Waters re-signing would be who plays where. Would we move Meggat to centre half and drop Frank? Goodwin rates Frank very highly and doubt he'd want him benched for most part of a season.

Possibly a shift back to the back 3 Goodwin tried when he first got the job to accommodate them all with two wingbacks.

The only problem I would have with Waters re-signing would be who plays where. Would we move Meggat to centre half and drop Frank? Goodwin rates Frank very highly and doubt he'd want him benched for most part of a season.

Possibly a shift back to the back 3 Goodwin tried when he first got the job to accommodate them all with two wingbacks.

Cant see frank being dropped after us releasing jason, possibly switch to a back 3/5 but time will tell.