The Alloa Athletic Thread

Some folk were moaning about the McCluskey substitution but I thought it was the right move. Flannigan was excellent but when Hetherington came on he drifted left and was running out of gas a wee bit. Fresh legs gave us more momentum, and McCluskey played well. Adam Martin also excellent in extra time from the bench.

3 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Some folk were moaning about the McCluskey substitution but I thought it was the right move. Flannigan was excellent but when Hetherington came on he drifted left and was running out of gas a wee bit. Fresh legs gave us more momentum, and McCluskey played well. Adam Martin also excellent in extra time from the bench.

Agree, we must surely fancy beating brechin but another tough 2 legs, if we play like we did today i would be fairly but not over confident .

I also questioned flanny going off but he had ran himself into the ground

Edited by whereismillar

Hats off to goody who recognised the changes needed for today, well done to the boys too , if spence had been at his best today we would have won comfortably
still cant believe that miss !!!

The miss was bad but the boys dug deep, enormous credit to them.

Fresh legs needed for flanny in my opinion we will need him for the important games, speaks volumes that he was motm really.

1 hour ago, falkirkwasp said:

If true that would be a fantastic gesture from the club, could easily have us paying for it

You could have watched both legs of the Brechin - Raith game for £15 in total. Non season ticket holders at Alloa paid £32 for the two games and will pay full price again next weekend. It's an improvement on previous seasons, but still a rip off compared to other teams. There would have been almost 800 fans paying full price yesterday, so a nice little bonus for the club, why not make it a fiver like Raith did next week and try and get a few hundred more through the gates for the TV cameras. Even make it £1 for kids. The occasion and the chance to be on the telly might get a few more bodies in. 

31 minutes ago, Tamhain said:

You could have watched both legs of the Brechin - Raith game for £15 in total. Non season ticket holders at Alloa paid £32 for the two games and will pay full price again next weekend. It's an improvement on previous seasons, but still a rip off compared to other teams. There would have been almost 800 fans paying full price yesterday, so a nice little bonus for the club, why not make it a fiver like Raith did next week and try and get a few hundred more through the gates for the TV cameras. Even make it £1 for kids. The occasion and the chance to be on the telly might get a few more bodies in. 

I have to say, as a neutral, I did think 36 quid for the two adults and a child quite expensive but we were determined to lend our support for Goodie's guys. My grandson thoroughly enjoyed the day but, being eight, he was amazed that we had to stand to watch the game. Spoiled I tell you,...... SPOILED! :P

1 hour ago, Tamhain said:

True, although I think the SFA take quite a hefty cut of the play-off gate receipts.

Alloa used to get a bigger home crowd for important games. I don't think that's the case anymore, it just seems to be pretty much the hard-core support regardless of the opposition or importance of the game. Maybe a few factors for that, but I'd suggest the pricing is key. If my local team had a big game I'd be tempted to go along and support them - but I wouldn't bother if it was £16. I'd definitely get the prices down  for this and make an effort to publicise the reduction.  

Father Barry's getting all my greens tonight  :lol:

I was a wee bit surprised that more folk didn't come out yesterday. At £16 a pop, it may well be a fair point that the only locals who came were the ones who'd have come anyway. At least it's still a cheap afternoon for the weans, who we very much need to indoctrinate  :P

I heard someone say on saturday that Waters had signed a pre contract agreement with St Mirren forgive me if this has been discussed or is old news but i have never heard anything, is thier any truth in this

if so it will be a big loss!

Rumours of this flying December/January time but deal fell through or nothing came of it. Wouldn't be surprised. Jack Ross has said how much of a fan he is & think we can all see he could make the step up to full time football. Would be a massive shame.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Rumours of this flying December/January time but deal fell through or nothing came of it. Wouldn't be surprised. Jack Ross has said how much of a fan he is & think we can all see he could make the step up to full time football. Would be a massive shame.

St Mirren signed Adam Eckersley after that and he has just agreed a new two year contract. As such, not convinced that they would still be after Calum, or indeed if it would be a good move for him. Would be surprised if he was still with us next season regardless.

We can worry about this on Sunday anyway. Before all that - 'Mon the Wasps!!!