The Alloa Athletic Thread

Probably looking for a guy who can come a bit deeper and keep things going.

Agree with this. I am not too sure that we can afford to play with an out and out striker when we have several players who can score. With an out and out striker we are effectively playing with ten men.

Goodwin's on Sportsound on Radio Scotland just now.

Just listened to it. Very impressed. He doesn't gloss things over & is right down to the truth. I like it!

Very respectful to JR & refusing to take any credit and plaudits from other panel members. Passing the compliments to JR and to his players.

8 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Just listened to it. Very impressed. He doesn't gloss things over & is right down to the truth. I like it!

Very respectful to JR & refusing to take any credit and plaudits from other panel members. Passing the compliments to JR and to his players.

Great radio too when he said that fellow guest Thomson wasn't his "cup of tea":thumsup2.

Good luck to the boys today, hopefully a better performance than last week but with a similar outcome.

12 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Great radio too when he said that fellow guest Thomson wasn't his "cup of tea":thumsup2.

Good luck to the boys today, hopefully a better performance than last week but with a similar outcome.

It's the changing room stories I enjoyed the most. I'll need to ask for more :lol:

Am sure Jim knows we need Another Striker . It's finding one is the issue 

Can anyone add the link to the interview please 

It was the article on McKeowen signing, when he said he'd like one but he's happy with the squad now and wouldn't be too annoyed if he didn't bring anyone else in this window.

I can't see a thread on the game so I'll just post in here.

A very frustrating game yesterday. We dominated possession in the first half but it was all very toothless, largely passing in front of the Peterhead defence. I can't really remember us creating a decent chance in the whole of that half.

Second half was settling into a similar pattern when a mistake by Jason Marr presented Peterhead with a great chance which they took well. After that Peterhead had their best spell of the game and could have grabbed another.

We took control of the game again but still didn't really look to have any goal threat. Peterhead then had a man sent off - he definitely deserved to go out was only a debate of it should be a second yellow or a straight red - I thought that it was sufficiently reckless to justify the straight red but I can see that Peterhead would argue otherwise.

We then proceeded to put Andy Graham up front and launch high balls towards him. We had a couple of chances and Longworth had a really poor miss but Peterhead were able to see the game out, and they deserve great credit for their defending in the game. We struggled to create anything and as a result you can't really grudge Peterhead the victory.

We really need to play with a bit more pace and purpose when we're up against a team defending in depth. I also thought that the movement and interplay between the front three wasn't good enough to trouble the Peterhead defence. All in all a very disappointing performance.

55 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Just watched the highlights, how did we possibly lose that game, feel as bad as how the stranraer fans felt last weekend.

The goals we are conceding in every one of the highlights I've done are really soft. Against Stenny the goal is very sloppy but we were ahead anyway.  Against Stranraer nobody marking Agnew for the first goal. A good tackle but the ref gives freekick against us. Gibson puts it top corner. Against Queen's park it was Jim going to sleep. Brechin - that penalty and Marr's touch for the second.

Now Saturday, my first instinct while on the camera was that the offside player had obstructed Marr so he couldn't challenge for the header. But looking at it again Andy Graham is too far away to cover the space in behind and Marr charges out instead of backtracking. We keep getting punished for every mistake.