The Alloa Athletic Thread

All the best to big Mikk.

The change of manager came at a bad time for Mikk, he had just established himself in the team but Jack Ross obviously didn't fancy him. Perhaps that was based on finances, I'd guess Mikk was on a good wage by Alloa standards. I liked him as a player and I'd have had him in the team ahead of Dougie Hill, although have to give Dougie credit for his improved form since Ross came in.

Good luck to Mikk.

The change of manager came at a bad time for Mikk, he had just established himself in the team but Jack Ross obviously didn't fancy him. Perhaps that was based on finances, I'd guess Mikk was on a good wage by Alloa standards. I liked him as a player and I'd have had him in the team ahead of Dougie Hill, although have to give Dougie credit for his improved form since Ross came in.

Good luck to Mikk.

Spot on waspie.

Edited by Waspy

Shame to see the back of Mikk, looked a good player when ever he was given the chance and im sure could have been an important player when/if we go down to league one

It's not Halloween yet; stop trying to scare us.

I would be interested to see how Hamilton would get on at centre half. He is a good defender but can struggle with the attacking duties expected of a full back. I think he might well flourish in the middle.

Reintam might have struggled initially, when he was after all settling into a different style of football and in an entirely new team, but I thought his form when he then got a run of games was very good. MOTM when Hibs really struggled to break down Alloa in November. Dougie Hill gives his all and is a great man when you're under the cosh and need people to put their bodies on the line. I'd offer him a new deal for next season. He is though susceptible to wee errors, indeed he cost us that game against Hibs. Reintam looked like a more rounded defender to me during that spell of games. I felt a bit sorry for him in the end, particularly when Jason got injured at Easter Road and the manager put on McAusland rather than Mikk :)

I'm still hopeful we'll get this home win before the season is out. Hopefully tomorrow.

Holmer would do just fine in the third tier again. O'Brien's hardly been convincing, and will be 35 by next season. Plus, you'd imagine that he'd be one of the higher earners, so I wouldn't (for whatever that's worth).

Two players that have split fan opinions on whether or not they should be here next season when I speak to some fans are, Graeme Holmes and Burton O'Brien.

Do any of you think they've got a future at Alloa and do you want them to?

Why would anyone not want to keep Holmer if he's fit and wants to stay. Been a selfless, intelligent contributor for five seasons.

Over the past few season I felt Holmes never scored enough goals for me. He has got a few this year and I would have no issue with him putting pen to paper for next year.

I think next season will be make or break for Hynd, If he's to do anything within the game. He is getting to the age where he needs to be playing regularly.

Edited by Waspy

The ideal scenario for me would be to retain around half a dozen, add some quality in key areas and give at least a few of the youngsters a chance. I think a few have gone as far as they can in the Development League and need to be given a chance in the first team. Throw them in there and lets see how they get on.