The Alloa Athletic Thread

A promotion to the first team must be imminent. That must be more goals in one game than your top scorer all season ;)

Until Jack Ross turned up at the dildodrill the supporters team was our only chance of seeing a team in black and gold win on a Saturday ;)

Even the police turned up today as they heard that the boys in black and gold where running riot!

post-30743-14536749132872_thumb.jpgpost-30743-14536749242786_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigMartyn86

Great win Martyn and the boys.

Paun departing apparently- no confirmation from the usual sources as of yet though.

Cheers Father Barry, apologies about missing the bus to Queens but I was still feeling like shite.

Shame about Paun, he hasn't even had a chance.

Edited by BigMartyn86

It's a no from me.

I posted this on our thread, but thought it might be interesting for you lot:

I wouldn't be averse to that either (us re-signing him), but he'll go to Alloa to work under Jacko. He scored more goals in that season under Murray than he has in his entire career elsewhere. With the correct manager - which Jack Ross is - he showed what an excellent player he could be. He is a confidence player, no doubt about it, hence why things didn't go well under Murray and Spalding where he was asked to play in unfamiliar positions.

He'll be an excellent signing for Alloa, and he'll score a decent number of goals there. The longer we go on without further additions upfront, the more I begin to worry that he could cause us some damage. Like us Alloa have shored up their defence in recent weeks, but still haven't been scoring enough, he may well give them that extra edge that we are currently lacking.

I know I rated him higher than quite a few people though, so perhaps my vision is skewd and his great season with us was a fluke. But something about him and Ross teaming up again is giving me the fear.

He did well in a couple of games when he was on loan with us- appeared to suffer as Paul Hartley was going through a bit of a "chuck strikers at a wall and see what sticks" phase before he stuck with Callum Elliot. If he could recapture his Dumbarton form and get us maybe half a dozen goals that would be great.

Not a lot of real options out there- this is a guy who has done well under the current manager, with something to prove and keen to get games. Hopefully it pays off.

He did well in a couple of games when he was on loan with us- appeared to suffer as Paul Hartley was going through a bit of a "chuck strikers at a wall and see what sticks" phase before he stuck with Callum Elliot. If he could recapture his Dumbarton form and get us maybe half a dozen goals that would be great.

Not a lot of real options out there- this is a guy who has done well under the current manager, with something to prove and keen to get games. Hopefully it pays off.

Agree with this. I wasn't particularly impressed by Megginson during that loan spell, I thought he looked a little lost at times. He wasn't alone there though as Calum Gallagher and Declan McManus were similarly ineffective. Perhaps that role was a tough gig for a young loan striker (unless you're Stevie May). The fact that Megginson had his best spell while working with Jack Ross is encouraging. As Father Barry says, there aren't many options available and short of exhuming Wee Willie Crilley, I'd say Megginson is probably as good a shout as there is.

As Father Barry says, there aren't many options available and short of exhuming Wee Willie Crilley, I'd say Megginson is probably as good a shout as there is.

I'll get the spades.