The Alloa Athletic Thread

Looks like chops will be missing over the next few games going by his Twitter.

Limped off on Tuesday night, think it was a bad one- rolled his ankle.

Edit- just saw the photo, nasty one

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

A new defender does seem a bit of a strange choice, considering our dwindling loan options, but you've got to assume the new boss knows what he's doing.

If Chop's going to be out for a while, surely Isaac will be back, for better or worse.

Oil be blowed...it's taken me this long to notice that the new boss' initials are JR :rolleyes:

I know some folk are fond of Duffy, but I can't think of anything much that he's done. f**k it; let's stick Scotty Hynd out on loan and give up all pretence of looking for goals. Put McNeil on up front, seeing as how he has to play, and Craw can get back between the sticks.

Sorry, feeling a bit mad today :1eye

Duffy has looked ok on a couple of occasions, but contributed even less in half a season than Declan McManus. No goals, no assists, so nothing lost if he goes back.

Crawford does a lot of work without ever really looking like doing anything, the new David Greenhill!

None of the loan players have impressed me so far. Maybe a lesson for next season to concentrate on building a squad of signed players and only using loans to add quality if available. rather than give experience to other team's youngsters at the expense of our own.

Edited by Tamhain

Duffy has looked ok on a couple of occasions, but contributed even less in half a season than Declan McManus. No goals, no assists, so nothing lost if he goes back.

Crawford does a lot of work without ever really looking like doing anything, the new David Greenhill!

None of the loan players have impressed me so far. Maybe a lesson for next season to concentrate on building a squad of signed players and only using loans to add quality if available. rather than give experience to other team's youngsters at the expense of our own.

I'd like to disagree, Robbie Crawford and Duffy have both been great and if we had a natural finisher they'd both have a bagful of assists. Mcmanus impressed me at the start of the season aswell but has since fell out of favour in the squad, we then have mckenna who played his first match yesterday and got man of the match.

I've been impressed by both Duffy and Crawford. McManus is useful to have as well as Flanny will no doubt be injured again. It's a bit hard as to wonder who we will bring in. We all know that we need a striker but who's available? If John Sutton is out of favour at St Johnstone then I'd try and get him on loan until the end of the season. (I know it's a long shot)

Having a look on the PFA website and there's not really any stand out names apart from Zaine Francis-Angol. It would be worth the wages just to hear wasps1 announce his name every other week.

http://pfascotland.co.uk/player-availability/midfielders/

I think Duffy and Crawford have both shown enough to suggest they could be effective in a better team. It's a difficult situation for young guys coming into a struggling team. I hope both stay. We also really need to use the remaining loans to improve the team rather than replacing Duffy or Crawford. I can see why Duffy would have doubts about staying and hopefully the new manager can persuade him that the second half of the season is going to be better than the first and that he should stay put.

I'd like to think that a fit DC would have played yesterday. McNeil has had far too many chances, he just isn't good enough.

Its getting to the stage where we just need anyone that will get us a goal or two.

If you dont travel to away games its been a forgettable season so far- 3 goals and a point. There's been a few bad defeats on the road but at least we've seen a couple of wins.

Heard a couple of potential signings that the manager is trying to get over the line, hopefully get some news this week.

Heard a couple of potential signings that the manager is trying to get over the line, hopefully get some news this week.

Here's hoping we can get something tied up this week.

Do we have anything planned for this free Saturday?