Edinburgh utd

budgie smuggler

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think the squad will stay together for nothing again next season !!!!

Money talks[/quote

Your asking the right guy which I'm sure he will answer. Money at this level of football is long gone, by rights we shouldn't have the calibre of player we do, they are not their for money that's for sure. Be honest, treat people fairly, don't underestimate the power of that against collecting a tenner a week.

Money talks[/quote

Your asking the right guy which I'm sure he will answer. Money at this level of football is long gone, by rights we shouldn't have the calibre of player we do, they are not their for money that's for sure. Be honest, treat people fairly, don't underestimate the power of that against collecting a tenner a week.

I actually agree money is tight. An interesting point you make though....why should you not have the calibre of player you have if money doesn't matter.....and am not having a pop at anyone just wonder why if money doesn't matter why should you not have the same opportunity as say Bo'ness etc

Money aside, it was a good team to watch who I think can have success higher up the leagues if they continue as one.

Money talks

Well the money factor doesn't come into things when I choose a club, I had other clubs interested, but knowing Johnny well and heard what he had to say and the players he was bringing in and the thought of turning a bottom of the league side into potential champions was enough for me to sign this season.

And to answer your question regarding players staying! I've signed on again along with 5/6 players to date so all good down Paties :)

ame="MAXX" post="8276587" timestamp="1396128687"]

I actually agree money is tight. An interesting point you make though....why should you not have the calibre of player you have if money doesn't matter.....and am not having a pop at anyone just wonder why if money doesn't matter why should you not have the same opportunity as say Bo'ness etc

Money aside, it was a good team to watch who I think can have success higher up the leagues if they continue as one.

There's a huge difference, your comparing apples and pears. Put yourself in the scenario that your talking to perspective signings, come sign for Bo'ness we are an established top semi pro team at the top level of football at that level or come sign for Edinburgh United for not a bean, arguably the worst team in junior football bottom of the league with just 12 points last season, believe me the calibre of player may look else where but there are good people ywho can see past that and buy into what your looking to achieve. There's no one at our club that deserve more credit than every single player that bought into that, they have lived up to their side of the bargin collectively so far and I feel proud to be a part of those guys. Mind they are still pain in the arses like al other players.

Money is nothing at this level and the quicker people realise that the better for all teams and leagues at junior IMO.

There's a huge difference, your comparing apples and pears. Put yourself in the scenario that your talking to perspective signings, come sign for Bo'ness we are an established top semi pro team at the top level of football at that level or come sign for Edinburgh United for not a bean, arguably the worst team in junior football bottom of the league with just 12 points last season, believe me the calibre of player may look else where but there are good people ywho can see past that and buy into what your looking to achieve. There's no one at our club that deserve more credit than every single player that bought into that, they have lived up to their side of the bargin collectively so far and I feel proud to be a part of those guys. Mind they are still pain in the arses like al other players.

Money is nothing at this level and the quicker people realise that the better for all teams and leagues at junior IMO.

'by rights we shouldn't have the calibre of player we do'

I actually thought you were putting your club down by saying that, your club has as much right to success as the established ones, but I can see the context what you mean now. I find it refreshing to see the under dogs doing well.

Humedog.....glad to see the guys sticking with it, I think you guys will do well in the premier next year. Only thing missing down paties is some grass seeds !!

• 2 months later...

Well the money factor doesn't come into things when I choose a club, I had other clubs interested, but knowing Johnny well and heard what he had to say and the players he was bringing in and the thought of turning a bottom of the league side into potential champions was enough for me to sign this season.

And to answer your question regarding players staying! I've signed on again along with 5/6 players to date so all good down Paties :)

So we all know where humie is going next season then.lol

Archived