Edinburgh utd

budgie smuggler

ok, do you think there are some players there that want away as they signed for the manager that left them in the lurch with a manager they don't want to play for?

As jessie j sings it ain't about the money,aye right

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a wee bit away but getting better by the day......really happy with the performances against super league opposition which is a positive and when we get a couple more of the type of player we want at the club then I'm sure we will do ok this year.

Don't want to lose players from now just add to what we have and see where it takes us.

Sorry if I missed something on this thread but who were you playing Wilson

No what I'm saying is I doubt any of the players would have signed for Edinburgh United if it's wasn't for the previous manager.

So Humedog what you going to then if Edinburgh don't let you join Haddington,go shopping with the mrs on a saturday or go play amateur football.

These things happen in football, and at the end of the day you've just got to deal with it. If the club won't let you leave then that's it. If it's about playing at a higher level then surely playing a league above is the best option. Harvey is obviously looking after himself otherwise he wouldn't have moved. Out of interest was Harvey under contract with Ed Utd or did Haddington have to pay for him?

The last time I looked the Premier league was a better level Humedog what happened to all the speel I heard at your title party last season about Edinburgh doing a Sauchie Broxburn or Fauldhouse by doing back to back promotion.A lot of people are making out Edinburgh are the villains here when its really Harvey and Co and his sheep who want to follow him back into the South league where there's no guarantee he will get Haddington up even with a larger budget.I say suck up and get on with it and enjoy your new season and concentrate on keeping Edinburgh up,and if you feel yous want to go to Haddington next season then don't sign a new contract and join Harvey and Co,if they're still at Haddington and not jumped ship again somewhere else.

who said anything about him going to haddy, I'm sure a super league club had a bid turned down for him so that's what he's probs talking about playing at a higher level!

who said anything about him going to haddy, I'm sure a super league club had a bid turned down for him so that's what he's probs talking about playing at a higher level!

You certainly have your finger on the pulse mr draper.

It's a difficult one I think because I understand teams fighting to keep players they don't want to lose but similarly if a player has made it clear he wants to leave to better himself at a higher level, or for any reason for that matter why would a club want to keep a player that doesn't want to be there? Football is a short career and who's to say players will get opportunities to move to bigger clubs in the future so I can understand any player wanting to move on and test themselves elsewhere.

Just my opinion but I'm sure Edinburgh would argue their case.

On another point, it seems the progress made last season is clear at Edinburgh, I mean we now have Edinburgh United fans or fan where before they were a club with no fans :-)

Well done to all at Edinburgh, what a great achievement by Johnny, Smally and the players.

Well done lads!

Took in the Annbank Utd v Edinburgh Utd match last night and I must say really enjoyed it.

Edinburgh played some great stuff 2nd half ..

Great bunch of boys and committee / management were excellent as well.

Wish them All the best for the new season & hope they enjoy their weekend on the west coast.

Cheers

Can you explain your logic please?

well if it's the players request I'd say it's bad patter if there pricing him out a move, that's my logic! No disrespect to humey but they sold there 2 best players for a lot cheaper than what he's quoted at!

Archived