Eddie Izzard

Colkitto

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that for real?

Britain WOULDN'T be affected geographically in any way. The British Isles will remain the British Isles. The UNITED KINGDOM would be smaller.

Incidentally, the title Please Don't Go suggests he's reaching out to the Yes voters/undecideds. Why then make it a fundraiser for Better Together? As it seems to be a Unionist love-in why not call it Thanks For Your Loyalty?

Accuracy doesn't seem to be his strongpoint.

How many seats are taken / available for this?

Allegedly 450 available as of yesterday. For a man that can sell out 20000 seat venues without batting an eyelid, it must be a bit humiliating.

Thing is, I read Roy Chubby Brown's autobiography a while back and he said that with big venues, if you don't fill them you make no money. In fact, he was playing gigs where he lost money because it was only half or 2/3 full.

So...will this "fundraiser" raise any funds?

Who is winning the comedy wars of independence?

On the Yes side we have:

Frankie Boyle

Bill Bailey

Greg Hemphill

Limmy

Kevin Bridges

Rab Florence from Burnistoun

Elaine C. Smith

Sanjeev Kohli

any others?

On the No side:

Eddie Izzard

Susan Calman

Fred MacAulay (from what one can gather)

Keith Farnan

Kermit the Frog

Who will triumph?

So if the 450 tickets that people were saying had been sold a few days ago is true, this has raised what £10'000 (assuming they've somehow managed to avoid any costs)? Izzard would have been better just giving them the money himself. It would have saved him the embarrassment.

I was voting yes because I hate the English and am angry about all the blood spilled by Scots in the 13th century.

Now he has pointed out that that stuff is all silly I can't think of any reason to vote yes at all.

Also he has run to the top of Arthur's seat with a paper saltire. He gets us

I was voting yes because I hate the English and am angry about all the blood spilled by Scots in the 13th century.

Now he has pointed out that that stuff is all silly I can't think of any reason to vote yes at all.

Also he has run to the top of Arthur's seat with a paper saltire. He gets us

Never fails to amuse me that pretty much any time Better Together or its supporters try anything positive it is always dripping with nationalistic rhetoric.

They just do not get it.

Archived