First stop - Dortmund

Big Fifer

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i right in saying on the day of the game, trains are free if you have a match ticket?

I emailed Deutsche Bahn and they said Nein! and pleaded ignorance yet my mate was over there last year and took in 2 games over a weekend and travel to both was free.

I emailed Deutsche Bahn and they said Nein! and pleaded ignorance yet my mate was over there last year and took in 2 games over a weekend and travel to both was free.

Local travel (trains, trams, busses) is generally free to & from the game. Inter-City as well as ICE trains are not.

Wher did you book your train? My Cus tried to book Cologne Airport to Dortmund and they weren't taking bookings for September.

www.bahn.com

Only group bookings can be made this far in advance. Regular tickets open up for purchase 3 months prior to the date of travel.

Booked up for 11 of us, flying to Amsterdam, train to Dusseldorf, night there, Dortmund for the game, Dusseldorf that night, train to Amsterdam, night in the Dam, flight home Tuesday morning.

I have 2 points. Hope that gets me a chance of a ticket. I think 3 will be guaranteed, ballot on 2.

4 of us going from Newcastle - Amsterdam overnight ferry, driving to Dortmund. 2 nights there, ferry back on the Monday. All in under £200 (not including the cost of petrol).

Will be on 3 points after the Nigeria game so hopefully will be ok for a ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope so as I will be borderline with my points, I am still unsure whether to buy flights etc now or wait until ticket info is released but no idea how long that could be.

Going anyway, will have 2 points so hoping I get one, if not im sure I will manage to get one over there off someone.

Just booked up for Friday to Tuesday for Dortmund. Flights from Edinburgh to Berlin then train to Dortmund.

flying edin cologne matchday,train straight to dortmund,train from dortmund to cologne aboot 2 in morning then flying back 0650 in morning to manchester.

nae hotels,flights cheap enough and damage limitation on leave from work happy with that :guinness8)

• 4 weeks later...

Our flights and dates have changed now, managed to get it cheaper but it's some trek.

Aberdeen to Oslo, Oslo to Dusseldorf then train to Dortmund. Return journey is Dusseldorf to Frankfurt then Frankfurt to Aberdeen. £300 all in including an apartment, Friday to Wednesday.

You'll get one for home end. I went last time we played in Dortmund. First half we sat in home end then at half time we just walked round to away end. Security wasn't that great.

This is the first game of the campaign so it might be a full house in the home end. Hopefully not as I'm on two points and I'll unlikely get an away ticket.

Archived