Twin Peaks

yoda

Even though as with any such comeback there's a high chance it'll be shit, to have Lynch in particular on board hopefully means they would capture most of the things that people love it for.

Bit crap it wouldn't have Michael J Anderson or Frank Silva in it though.... maybe they could be CGI'd :lol:

Even though as with any such comeback there's a high chance it'll be shit, to have Lynch in particular on board hopefully means they would capture most of the things that people love it for.

Bit crap it wouldn't have Michael J Anderson or Frank Silva in it though.... maybe they could be CGI'd :lol:

Lynch is planning to direct every episode this time round. This should ensure that the chances of it being 'shit' are minimal. No sub-contracting it out to lesser talents (Diane Keaton's episode was, by common consent, the nadir of series 2). Also, the TV climate has changed a lot in 25 years. Shows like Hannibal and American Horror Story are far more explicit/disturbing than anything we saw on TV in the early '90s. This will give Lynch more creative freedom, hopefully to strike a balance between the quirky, kitsch original TV show and the darker, more uncompromising vision of Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. I have high hopes for this.

Hopefully Lynch and Frost will bring back the best of the original cast (Kyle Maclachlan, Ray Wise, Madchen Amick, Grace Zabriskie, Sheryl Lee, Harry Goaz, Sherilyn Fenn etc.) and integrate the best elements of the TV show with the intriguing Philip Jeffries and Agent Chester Desmond sub-plots from the movie. Would be great to see David Bowie, Chris Isaak, Keifer Sutherland and Harry Dean Stanton return from TPFWWM. I suspect they might go for Moira Kelly from the movie as Donna rather than Lara Flynn Boyle from the TV show.

Will be interesting to see who the new, presumably younger, cast members are. A couple of names that spring to mind - Lana Del Rey has the requisite Lynchian looks and image, assuming she can act. Chrysta Bell, whose music career Lynch is now guiding, might be another.

Edited by Frankie S

Yeah definitely got a chance of it being good with Lynch on board.

I have no idea how I want to feel about this. It's one of my all-times favourites but what if it ruins everything? How can you do it without Frank Silva? Will we have prequel or flashback elements? How many different characters will Sheryl Lee play?

Bet a few actors whose careers have been dead for 20 years are tremendously excited by this news.

It will be awesome and that's the end of it.

Twin peaks was ahead of its time it was when TV was looked at as the poor relation to films. Now people demand top notch programming. If it had been made now it could have had a production level and budget of something like dexter.

It was a good show, but what is the point in "brining it back" 25 years later.

I suspect for many involved as well as most fans, there's a sense of it being unfinished.

There's also a pretty huge plot reference in the original finale to things being continued 25 years later.

Don't know what to make of this tbh.

Watched the originals when they were first shown and is one of my all time favourite shows.

Would hate a " remake " to spoil the memories!

Hopefully it will be even better!

David Lynch brought the idea of a sequel 25 years later up before, did he not? I'm sure he's spoken about it, and it's been in the pipeline.

I think it's never really been ruled out, but it's not really until this year that it's seemed a distinct possibility (for various reasons). I think a lot of core Lynch fans will be surprised at the way it's gone, obviously delighted, not just because it's coming back but also because it indicates that Lynch too saw it as unfinished business. It's known that he and Frost weren't entirely happy with the direction it took, pressures from the network etc.

As a long time fan of the show I actually love all the shit bits too, it's as much a cult obsession as any sort of critical judgement that has kept people intrigued by the show. I wouldn't dress up as Johnny Horne and go to a convention or anything like that, but I've certainly wasted plenty of my life since seeing it as a kid wondering how things might be resolved or more likely, how they might be developed. Knowing that we're getting Lynch and Frost's take on that is very exciting, even though there's a high chance it won't live up to expectations.

• 5 months later...