cancel sky sports and buy a season book

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have both but I am loathed to get BT sports as I fucking detest BT as a company.

It's going to be a bit of a pain next season when they get the champions league games though.

Same here - ST and Sky ( which I grudge ) also got BT sport on two boxes ( got 3 in the house ) and you have to pay per card - I think it's £15 for the first box then £5 for the second... However much it is - it's not worth it..... I dumped BT broadband and phone to go with SKY - The internet is just as bad.... They are all the same in my experience ( BT / Talk Talk / SKY )

There is always the option of keeping SKY and having a season ticket to help increase the finances for your club.

To a point I do agree with you !, SKY don't pay their fair share to the SPFL as they keep propping up that abomination of a league called the EPL with money generated in Scotland.

But you'll have to blame them fuckers who decided to go with SETANTA for a million pounds more in the first place, now we don't get as much as used to get since SETANTA went bust.

Ah the Epl the league Celtic are fucking desperate to get into. And for what reason? To get a share of the sky cash.

The thing to do is dump Sky Sports and watch football on one of the free pirate streams, that way Sky get nothing but you still get to watch football and the money you save can go towards...oh I don't know...a butler.

The clubs are no longer "ripped off" by Sky Sports because Sky Sports has gone bust because everyone is watching the free streams (would there still be free streams if the Pay TV Companies all went broke because we were all watching free streams? I don't know tbh)

Anyway...

I rather lost my train of thought in there somewhere...what was the question?

Of course there wouldnt. If those watching free streams actually ponyed up for what they are watching then Sky would make more money and pay more for to the SPFL

the mount of money fans and supporters spend on sky sports in this country compared to the money the clubs get back in the tv deals is shocking,it's time fans and supporters in this country DUMPED sky and went out to buy a season book,if you love your football,football is about fans going to the game not sitting in the house and paying the fat cats.

The filth you support and the filth you are rivals with have destroyed Scottish football. Not Sky.

Please, please be clear on this.

Ah the Epl the league Celtic are fucking desperate to get into. And for what reason? To get a share of the sky cash.

Nah, I was hinting towards SKY possibly upping the amount on the deal the SPFL get at the moment. I'm happy to watch Celtic getting raped on the park once in a blue moon when we draw an EPL club in Europe and not on a weekly basis thanks very much.

I have no ambitions for my club to play in another league altogether just for the money, it will only bring more misery IMHO with cries of "We need to outspend Man City" ffs :blink:

And before you post "just happy with being handed the league each year and pumped oot the cups before Xmas for a fake most successful club in the world sticker" I hope another club outside Glasgow other than Partick Thistle wins the league before that without Celtic having to downsize.

Nah, I was hinting towards SKY possibly upping the amount on the deal the SPFL get at the moment. I'm happy to watch Celtic getting raped on the park once in a blue moon when we draw an EPL club in Europe and not on a weekly basis thanks very much.

I have no ambitions for my club to play in another league altogether just for the money, it will only bring more misery IMHO with cries of "We need to outspend Man City" ffs :blink:

And before you post "just happy with being handed the league each year and pumped oot the cups before Xmas for a fake most successful club in the world sticker" I hope another club outside Glasgow other than Partick Thistle wins the league before that without Celtic having to downsize.

Why would they up the money? The product is poor and they have no competition for the rights. Sadly I feel we are stuck with them and the pittance they offer.

Why would they up the money? The product is poor and they have no competition for the rights. Sadly I feel we are stuck with them and the pittance they offer.

Sadly you're right and SKY have missed an opportunity to help the game up here by investing more cash into the pittance to improve the product so they get more out of it. :(

The landscape of British broadcasting has shifted dramatically after BTbought a large slice of televised football rights, boosting the Premier League's next TV deal to a record £3bn over three years, a 71% increase.

This equates to at least £14m more per year for each football club, with the bottom team in the league from 2013-14 onwards likely to receive more than the £60.6m Manchester City earned this year for ending the season as champions. Each individual televised match will now cost the broadcasters £6.6m, up from £4.7m under the previous deal.

BSkyB, which has built its business over 20 years on the back of live top flight football, retained most of the rights, securing 116 matches per season from 2013-14 in exchange for £2.3bn over three years. stop giving English clubs your money

The landscape of British broadcasting has shifted dramatically after BTbought a large slice of televised football rights, boosting the Premier League's next TV deal to a record £3bn over three years, a 71% increase.

This equates to at least £14m more per year for each football club, with the bottom team in the league from 2013-14 onwards likely to receive more than the £60.6m Manchester City earned this year for ending the season as champions. Each individual televised match will now cost the broadcasters £6.6m, up from £4.7m under the previous deal.

BSkyB, which has built its business over 20 years on the back of live top flight football, retained most of the rights, securing 116 matches per season from 2013-14 in exchange for £2.3bn over three years. stop giving English clubs your money

Have you thought this through completely ?, it's all fine and dandy jumping up onto your wee soapbox there shouting "starve the b*stards of your cash by cancelling your SKY subscriptions", it's the smaller clubs in the Premiership that need that pittance more than the club we support so they survive each season.

You're better of channelling your grief about how much the EPL gets by starting an internet campaign of SKY subscribers who in number can affect SKY's profits if they do not stump up with an improved offer.

Sadly you're right and SKY have missed an opportunity to help the game up here by investing more cash into the pittance to improve the product so they get more out of it. :(

You're quite right a small investment from them could produce good returns if the game got better up here.

It's the whole Sky-ESPN deal from what I recall... They increased it from 60 SPL games to 65 games (from any division) after Rangers folded.

There's also a small deal for worldwide rights (announced in China) plus BBC Alba have rights to a few live games.

Another way to look at it is that £13,000,000 divided by 42 clubs is £310,000 per club.

Or another way would be to say that if the league-wide ST average is say £200 then it's equivalent to 65,000* adult STs.

(*65,000 is about 3/4 of a typical weekends actual league-wide attendance, btw)

£200 seems very low for the average ST

Unless they're giving them away at Ibrox

I don't think you've thought this through!

Archived