Malaysia Airlines flight MH370

Far be it from me to tell an air-crash investigator how to do his job, but I'd suggest the best place to look would be where they lost radar contact.

They've definitely not thought of this. You should email them.

The only thing I actually learnt from this whole thing is anyone could fly a B-52 bomber over Kuala Lumpur and nobody would notice.

We had radar 70 years ago that could do that, obviously they've been spending all of their oil money on seriously BIG bloody buildings.

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Pretty sure that was the time taken to find the black box, not the wreckage.

Yeah that was my thought too. And in terms of coverage isn't the Atlantic Ocean many multiples larger than the South China Sea?

It really is bizarre and it was pretty sad to see some of the relatives upset enough to believe that the passengers might still be alive.

Sounds like the transponder was switched off on the flightdeck so the aircraft wasn't emitting a squawk code.

The 100 miles being tracked per the story below would have to be on primary radar if that was the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578199/Military-tracked-missing-plane-100-miles-vanished-civilian-radar-sure-Malacca-Strait-Malaysian-source-reveals.html

It really is bizarre and it was pretty sad to see some of the relatives upset enough to believe that the passengers might still be alive.

Until wreckage/bodies are found it is inevitable that people will cling on to any hopes that their nearest and dearest might still be alive.

Remember that US flight that managed to land softly in the Hudson River after losing power to both engines :

They were pretty lucky to survive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7832439.stm

Until wreckage/bodies are found it is inevitable that people will cling on to any hopes that their nearest and dearest might still be alive.

Remember that US flight that managed to land softly in the Hudson River after losing power to both engines :

They were pretty lucky to survive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7832439.stm

Jumbo jets can actuall glide for a long time and distance in the event of thrust failure , it just needs airspeed to glide .

Jumbo jets can actuall glide for a long time and distance in the event of thrust failure , it just needs airspeed to glide .

Yeah.... They probably landed softly somewhere in the South China Sea, and just wishing that someone could get a signal on their phone.

If they survived the likely crash then they'll have been shredded alive by sharks by now. I'm sure that thought will put them at rest.

A lassie (screwball) on my facebook keeps going on about the plane can't have crashed into the sea as folk's phone still ringing and water damage would prevent that.

I'm wanting to ask, in this day and age, who the fucks phone battery last +4 days.

If it crashed into the sea of course it's wringing.