• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bairn

@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

to quote Maurice Blythman

"An assembly" they shout,

Then they throw the thing out

And get back to the business of girning..

and after girning I shall be looking for the best bins to rake in once the Tories have finished their cutting of wages, pensions and conditions.

I disagree with this argument.

If you're a Conservative voter then you should vote no. You may get a greater representation within Scotland, but they would never form the government.

Although I think there's scope for a centre-right party to supercede the Tories after independence that could do very, very well.

It depends whether you believe in most - democracy or getting what you personally want?

It can't be both. If I voted for Tory I'd be extrenely uncomfortable about them ruling my country with a single MP because democracy is the loser there.

to what?

When your questions start making sense I'll be happy to respond.

Edited by oaksoft

Same. Country full of scaredy cat bawbags if we vote No. Supposed to be a patriotic country too..

You can be patriotic and still vote No. Nothing wrong with loving Scotland, but loving it as part of the union. Alternatively there's nothing wrong with wanting Scotland to be independent but being pragmatic if it's going to affect your own status.

It really depends on the scale of the defeat. I just hope Westminster imposes hardship on us so the No voters realize how stupid they were to stick with the status quo.

You hope that Westminster screws Scotland over in the event of a No vote. Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

As for me? If there is a No vote, I won't be especially disappointed, but will actively campaign and push for comprehensive fiscal devolution to give Scotland more control over its domestic affairs. If no meaningful progress is made within a decade or so, I will support another referendum on independence.

Edited by Ad Lib

It depends whether you believe in most - democracy or getting what you personally want?

It can't be both. If I voted for Tory I'd be extrenely uncomfortable about them ruling my country with a single MP because democracy is the loser there.

Democratic deficits occur everywhere though. Texas would never vote for the Democrats, yet they still have Obama imposed on them.

Closer to home, the SNP were not democratically elected to rule the people of Eastwood, but as a whole it was decided to re-elect them.

You hope that Westminster screws Scotland over in the event of a No vote. Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

It's completely bizarre imo. Suppose that every political movement has it's extremists(eg Rule Brittania in our case)

You can be patriotic and still vote No. Nothing wrong with loving Scotland, but loving it as part of the union. Alternatively there's nothing wrong with wanting Scotland to be independent but being pragmatic if it's going to affect your own status.

And I think therein lies the issue.

It goes against the grain for many to cast their vote for what are basically selfish reasons.

The UK has been socially ripped apart because of that attitude.

I personally am voting Yes for the generations which come after me.

I'm taking a holistic view of the future Scotland I'd like to see for the betterment of as many Scots as possible.

It depresses me that fellow Scots are going to vote No in their hundreds of thousands for selfish reasons like having an extra £500 in their pockets.

Thatcher was right - there IS no such thing as society anymore.

People just do what's best for themselves - f**k everyone else.

It's the complaining afterwards from those same people as the inevitable consequences of that level of selfishness hit home which angers me.

And when I see what that attitude has done to the weak and vulnerable in my country it makes me sick to my stomach.

It's a Yes for me. It can't be any other way.

It's completely bizarre imo. Suppose that every political movement has it's extremists(eg Rule Brittania in our case)

Your case. Not "our". I'm a Yes voter.

Democratic deficits occur everywhere though. Texas would never vote for the Democrats, yet they still have Obama imposed on them.

Closer to home, the SNP were not democratically elected to rule the people of Eastwood, but as a whole it was decided to re-elect them.

You are confusing a BETTER system with a PERFECT system and complaining because Scottish Independence gives you the former.

If the people of Eastwood are so fired up about their deficit they should lobby for their own independence from Scotland and I'd support them.

Are you still trolling?

No, what was won with the suggestion that Texas faces a democratic deficit?

We don't live in America.

We will be a laughing stock if we do indeed vote no. The Irish for example had to actually fight for their independence. All we need to do is cross a box in a polling booth.

"Scotland is a brave nation"... "Aye right, they couldn't even vote to remove themselves from England's bosom."

Right...

And I suppose you take and extended lunch hour a few times a week to laugh at Quebec?

Right...

And I suppose you take and extended lunch hour a few times a week to laugh at Quebec?

Quebec is a province in Canada. It's not a country. Your a fud

But are you saying that being 1 voice in 3 million is any different from being 1 voice in 40 million?

Clearly. In excess of 13 times different.

Right...

Quebec were a baw hair away from winning, you can then take into consideration the spoiled ballot papers. Very dodgy.

Scotland is an ancient nation that has been around for millennia. It has a reputation and history of being fearless, courageous and brave around the globe.

A no vote throws all of that straight out the window for me.

In places like Quebec and Catalonia, independence is arguably more about identity and cultural oppression than politics or economics. To the outside world these places aren't viewed as nations like Scotland is. Our constitutional debate is overwhelmingly about political and economic arguments.

Scotland has not been around for "millennia". It came into existence in the 800s. It is only one millenium old.