@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

Mr Bairn

I would probably blame the post war baby boomer generation for living up to their reputation as selfish b*****ds. There will be exceptions as some will vote yes (my folks included) but I reckon by and large they will be the block vote for No.

After that I would just have to learn to accept that we are really just a region of greater Englandshire. I might even start voting Tory as it really would be daft to have them govern us with next to no representation in Scotland.....(like you know right fucking now!! :1eye )

Thankfully this will be avoided. Yes will win :)

Baby boomers are without doubt one shower of selfish b*****ds.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is fucking everything about the working class? Dear God.

Most people who live in the UK, in Europe, on the planet are 'working class' or poorer.

We're the fucking majority, the rich should be eaten.

Most people who live in the UK, in Europe, on the planet are 'working class' or poorer.

We're the fucking majority, the rich should be eaten.

Really? Regardless of the fact that Scotland doesn't really *have* a class system (in comparison to class-obsessed England) there's not really that many classic working class people around. Or not as much as we're all led to believe.

It's a fallacy. Most families are middle class nowadays.

There's quite a common trend where I'm from, in that people who vote Labour (always have, always will) STILL refer to themselves as working class, despite the fact they have decent jobs, drive nice cars and actually own their own house.

I know this is a very specific case, but it seems quite common for people to want to be labelled as working class.

Really? Regardless of the fact that Scotland doesn't really *have* a class system (in comparison to class-obsessed England) there's not really that many classic working class people around. Or not as much as we're all led to believe.

There's quite a common trend where I'm from, in that people who vote Labour (always have, always will) STILL refer to themselves as working class, despite the fact they have decent jobs, drive nice cars and actually own their own house.

I know this is a very specific case, but it seems quite common for people to want to be labelled as working class.

They are still working class! Most of these people work average jobs, the car is on lease or HP and they are mortgaged up to their eyeballs...and lets not forget the 2-3 exotic holidays a year.

It is all a charade, I know dozens of people at my work who are in this situation. To be fair they are just following the example of the UK Gov....borrow loads and kick the debt bomb down the road a bit.

Just wait till it blows

Thatcherism's greatest trick was convincing the working class that they are middle class.

Just because you're in an office and not down a mine does not suddenly mean you are not 'working class'. The class system is an illusion anyway, as there are only really two social classes, us and them.

Okay I'm going to snap out of my trolling mode for this post.

Personally as a no voter I actually do see a lot of benefits of independence. Scotland is a nation and usually nations do run their own affairs. Also we'd be better represented within Europe as an independent country. There's also the democratic deficit although I think that's a bit silly as every country has democratic deficits and even within Scotland there would be democratic deficits.

The main thing most no voters see is the risk involved. It's a risk reward process. Is the reward worth the risk? Are we the next Norway or the next Greece?

100% correct don't see why the cybernats keep calling you a troll when all I hear is facts??

Archived