• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bairn

@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

I told you last night. You can't just switch in and out of deliberate trolling and expect people to start listening to you again.

Yeah, well, I'm going to try and cut it out. Quite frankly I was suffering some household problems(which haven't gone away) yesterday, I know this doesn't excuse my behaviour but I was basically winding people up for the kicks because I had feck all else to do to please myself. I will surely try to make legitimate points from here on.

What say would I have in the Scottish government as one of several million voters?

Emm, a lot more than the 63 million in the UK.

I'll be gutted and extremely disappointed at an opportunity missed.

I'll continue to work and campaign towards a better scotland with the message being that that is best achieved through independence.

This once in a lifetime/ generation thing is guff from both sides. Winnie Ewing had it right when she said that after devolution independence was inevitable. The cat was let out with the bag with devolution where people can see that in the areasin which we already have independence they prefer the approaches taken in Scotland to the approaches taken in Westminster.

This referendum may not be won by Yes but too much has been said and too many people previously unengaged have begun to question and explore what the union and what independence means for Scotland.

I'll certainly be (even) poor (er) company for a few weeks though.

More say than you do when Scotland is ruled by a conservative westminster.

Really? In what sense?

What if I am a Conservative voter?

Emm, a lot more than the 63 million in the UK.

There aren't anything like 63 million voters in the UK. Try again.

But are you saying that being 1 voice in 3 million is any different from being 1 voice in 40 million?

It really depends on the scale of the defeat. I just hope Westminster imposes hardship on us so the No voters realize how stupid they were to stick with the status quo.

Really? In what sense?

Well you should vote no then

But are you saying that being 1 voice in 3 million is any different from being 1 voice in 40 million?

Are you comparing the democratic deficit in the UK and in an independent Scotland and saying they'd be identical deficits?

I can't agree with that.

Nobody is saying an independent Scotland is going to be perfect and frankly it's unfair of No voters to ask us to demonstrate that.

However, in an independent Scotland we have a form of proportional representation which helps smaller parties and goes some way to correcting the Westminster deficit.

This improvement in affairs has seen all parties benefitting - particularly the Tories who would have a combined 4 MP's and MSPs had it not been for the Holyrood list route which allowed a further 10 to become MSPs.

As much as I hate the Tories, their representation of about 13 MSP's is about right for their proportion of votes overall.

Certainly better than the 3 seats they'd have won under the Westminster system.

Really? In what sense?

Then you should vote yes because that will allow more Tory MSP's via the list system in Scotland than you get through the Westminster process.

That results in a fairer representation of that patry's vote total across Scotland.

Oh and BTW if you mean that currently you get a UK Tory government based on just a single MP being elected in Scotland then I'd ask if you truly support democracy at all. Presumably you at least understand the problem as explained by Yes voters even if you don't support it?

Edited by oaksoft

It really depends on the scale of the defeat. I just hope Westminster imposes hardship on us so the No voters realize how stupid they were to stick with the status quo.

Is this any less ridiculous than no voters saying they hope iScotland sees Greek style riots after independence?

You are not taking into consideration the list process in Scotland which moves the odds much further into the favour of the Scottish system.

Is this any less ridiculous than no voters saying they hope iScotland sees Greek style riots after independence?

No it isn't, it's a ludicrous thing to say.

I think it will happen though but to HOPE for it?

f**k that.

Then you should vote yes because that will allow more Tory MSP's via the list system in Scotland than you get through the Westminster process.

That results in a fairer representation of that patry's vote total across Scotland.

Oh and BTW if you mean that currently you get a UK Tory government based on just a single MP being elected in Scotland then I'd ask if you truly support democracy at all. Presumably you at least understand the problem as explained by Yes voters even if you don't support it?

I disagree with this argument.

If you're a Conservative voter then you should vote no. You may get a greater representation within Scotland, but they would never form the government.

Although I think there's scope for a centre-right party to supercede the Tories after independence that could do very, very well.

No it isn't, it's a ludicrous thing to say.

I think it will happen though but to HOPE for it?

f**k that.

Yeah I agree with you, both are equally stupid.

I hope that regardless of the result we can move forward for the greater good.

I'll probably laugh/feel sorry for the "no" voters too chicken-hearted to want a proper say in running our own affairs.

You are not taking into consideration the list process in Scotland which moves the odds much further into the favour of the Scottish system.

to what?

Shake my head, have a wee moan and then go to work.

If it is to be a no, as the polls indicate, then I hope it's close enough that the process towards Independence can continue and we'll see another vote in 10-15 yrs.

I'd be upset, I'll be honest. Upset at a massive missed opportunity and at the lack of baws displayed by my fellow Scots.

Same. Country full of scaredy cat bawbags if we vote No. Supposed to be a patriotic country too..

will be utterly disgusted to the pit of my stomach

and then look forward to abusing the unionists I know, as Westminster goes about destroying scotlands current budget and powers