@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

Mr Bairn

tbh my passion for this campaign has been on decline for the last few weeks as it just seems to be a huge "my das bigger than your da" shitefest. debates have went out the window as it has turned into people just calling each other p***ks, arseholes, c***s etc. it has actually got to the point where it just like an arguement between rangers and celtic fans . I will still vote no because i still believe it is right but to be honest I would just be glad when the whole thing is over and done with.

Have you even read anything that wasn't printed in the national dailies? You can use a computer, google Yes Scotland, then click on 'Answers', then click on any of the listed questions, then click 'read more'. You will find that every question you want answers to, from the Yes side, will be answered in great detail. If you have any other question, there is a facility for you to send your question, whereby it will be answered by email.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are surely trolling now Blaven. Is someone from Edinburgh Glaswegian because they're both part of the same county?

Do please point out to me where I have said that Scotland and England are the same country.

Do please point out to me where I have said that Scotland and England are the same country.

You said that if I consider Scotland and England to be part of the same country then I must consider myself English, in your previous post.

By this logic, if you consider Glasgow and Edinburgh to be part of the same country(Scotland) then someone from Edinburgh must consider themselves Glaswegian.

Basically you're using flawed logic.

I said they're part of the same country, not they ARE the same country. It would take a zoomer not to understand my point. The United Kingdom is in all practicality, a nation.

Even David Cameron has described it as ''A family of Nations''

It's a pish argument anyway and fk all to do with this thread. Too many trolling on here to keep us off the real topics. I was out leafleting today door to door. Speaking with people as they soaked up the sun in their gardens. Much more productive than this pish. :)

You said that if I consider Scotland and England to be part of the same country then I must consider myself English, in your previous post.

By this logic, if you consider Glasgow and Edinburgh to be part of the same country(Scotland) then someone from Edinburgh must consider themselves Glaswegian.

Basically you're using flawed logic.

Wrong.

I asked you why you dont call youself English.

Nothing more.

You added all the flawed logic.

Just accept it.

I'll be extremely gutted that we shat it and voted no, but life will still go on. I imagine my interest in regional politics would dimunish a lot and enthusiasm for Scotland as well, but I wouldn't be going about shouting at, or panning windaes of No voters I ken.

It would be interesting to ask this question to guys old enough to recall the 79 referendum. Although that was not on independence, it was a pretty huge step for Scotland to be making at the time. And how the passionate yes activists back then dealt with it.

You wonder though that if Yes had won (well, they did win, but got over that magic number/voter turnout) if we would not already be independent by now? It would have been 30+ years of having a parliament. Sure the SNP win was probably a mixture of voters thinking they had done alright/protesting Libs and Labour voters, it's only been 14 years since we've had the parli back and we are already having a vote on something that I couldn't ever have seen happening until that 2011 election win.

Just accept it.

I'll be extremely gutted that we shat it and voted no, but life will still go on. I imagine my interest in regional politics would dimunish a lot and enthusiasm for Scotland as well, but I wouldn't be going about shouting at, or panning windaes of No voters I ken.

It would be interesting to ask this question to guys old enough to recall the 79 referendum. Although that was not on independence, it was a pretty huge step for Scotland to be making at the time. And how the passionate yes activists back then dealt with it.

You wonder though that if Yes had won (well, they did win, but got over that magic number/voter turnout) if we would not already be independent by now? It would have been 30+ years of having a parliament. Sure the SNP win was probably a mixture of voters thinking they had done alright/protesting Libs and Labour voters, it's only been 14 years since we've had the parli back and we are already having a vote on something that I couldn't ever have seen happening until that 2011 election win.

I was ten back in 79 but I do remember urging my parents to vote Yes, which they did. Of course it didn't pan out and ten years later I had to suck up the poll tax. Sadly, it could be that history is doomed to repeat itself by giving Westminster the green light to do whatever the f**k they want with Scotland. Aye, what a calamity that was.

At least the hackit auld witch isn't using up oxygen that decent people can use.

Is it?

Also - where did I use the word "hysterical"?

All I see here is the usual suspects on both sides who have a black-white approach to the whole debate. I personally can't be arsed with it.

hahahahahahahahaha

From your daily presence on here, I shudder to think how many posts you'd be making if you could be 'arsed' with it.....H_B mark II....

Have you even read anything that wasn't printed in the national dailies? You can use a computer, google Yes Scotland, then click on 'Answers', then click on any of the listed questions, then click 'read more'. You will find that every question you want answers to, from the Yes side, will be answered in great detail. If you have any other question, there is a facility for you to send your question, whereby it will be answered by email.

Why would someone refer to an assertion-ridden, biased pile of largely nonsense if they are looking for answers?

Why would someone refer to an assertion-ridden, biased pile of largely nonsense if they are looking for answers?

Large swathes of the No contingent base their entire Independence views on the lopsided garbage fed to them by the MSM, so why not?

We have Yes Scotland and a few indy websites. No have the printed media and the BBC.

Because fannybaws the nanananana not listening you haven't answered anything nanananana not looking I'm voting NO regardless anyways we can't afford it it's too risky but what about this this and this and what will happen to the price of tommy soup in an independent Scotland blah blah blah Salmond is a fat w****r camp always say things are unanswered when they are not, time after time I'll hear people say YES haven't answered something yet it'll be one of the ones answered on the YES Scotland site.

In short, most NO voters, like yourself are fannies.

Mr Bairn's statement was that we are more similar to the English than a Chinese or Russian person.

I would have more in common with some middle class Russian that an upper class Englander who thinks I'm some dirty Jock who takes their money.

Well I feel more in common with some working class scouse, Londoner or geordie than I do some snooty upperclass auld bint from morning side or a toff who owns an estate in rural Aberdeenshire. Swings and roundabouts

Well I feel more in common with some working class scouse, Londoner or geordie than I do some snooty upperclass auld bint from morning side or a toff who owns an estate in rural Aberdeenshire. Swings and roundabouts

Don't try and disguise your reason for voting No as anything other than "because I'm a Rangers fan".

It doesn't work.

Because fannybaws the nanananana not listening you haven't answered anything nanananana not looking I'm voting NO regardless anyways we can't afford it it's too risky but what about this this and this and what will happen to the price of tommy soup in an independent Scotland blah blah blah Salmond is a fat w****r camp always say things are unanswered when they are not, time after time I'll hear people say YES haven't answered something yet it'll be one of the ones answered on the YES Scotland site.

In short, most NO voters, like yourself are fannies.

The people who are fannies are those who dish out gratuitous insults. That betrays their lack of knowledge and understanding.

People are entitled to ask what if questions. If either side doesn't have a good answer it doesn't mean the question should not be asked.

For a dogmatic yes voter to criticise no voters who have decided they are voting no regardless is laughable.

The people who are fannies are those who dish out gratuitous insults. That betrays their lack of knowledge and understanding.

People are entitled to ask what if questions. If either side doesn't have a good answer it doesn't mean the question should not be asked.

For a dogmatic yes voter to criticise no voters who have decided they are voting no regardless is laughable.

Because it's ONLY Yes voters that dish out gratuitous insults isn't it?

The point Lichtie correctly made is that there are a lot of No voters mewling about a lack of answers, then when they are referred to a place where their questions may be answered, they steadfastly refuse to have a look.

It's narrow minded, childish and churlish.

I think this is an excellent point and it's difficult if not impossible to argue against because it comes down to your personal identity and connection.

But, I would describe myself as Scottish working-class. I'm not basing my vote on this personal identity, as such, it's partly based also on a belief that an independent Scotland would be able to deliver a better form of politics for the whole country.

I'm not convinced that a No vote will improve the politics for the people with which you find common identity. I also don't see much prospect for a re-awakening of working-class politics in the UK with a No vote. Quite the opposite, I would guess. Also, considering it is your individual feeling and connection, I'm not convinced that would necessarily be cut-off with a Yes vote.

I think this is an excellent point and it's difficult if not impossible to argue against because it comes down to your personal identity and connection.

But, I would describe myself as Scottish working-class. I'm not basing my vote on this personal identity, as such, it's partly based also on a belief that an independent Scotland would be able to deliver a better form of politics for the whole country.

I'm not convinced that a No vote will improve the politics for the people with which you find common identity. I also don't see much prospect for a re-awakening of working-class politics in the UK with a No vote. Quite the opposite, I would guess. Also, considering it is your individual feeling and connection, I'm not convinced that would necessarily be cut-off with a Yes vote.

And I don't see any reawakening of working class politics with a Yes vote either.

Which party in iScotland is going to deliver this?

Archived