@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

Mr Bairn

It was the whole "England is foreign" thing that got me. Scotland's relationship with an English person is not the same as with a Chinese or a Russian person, imo

Does it matter though? What's wrong with being foreign? Can still have a good relationship with someone from another country? England is a foreign country, what's the big deal?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the whole "England is foreign" thing that got me. Scotland's relationship with an English person is not the same as with a Chinese or a Russian person, imo

Have you ever watched made in Chelsea?

Does it matter though? What's wrong with being foreign? Can still have a good relationship with someone from another country? England is a foreign country, what's the big deal?

I don't consider it a foreign country and your stating that it is as a matter of fact, that's why you have been accused of identity fascism.

Nothing wrong with being foreign at all. Heck I want to move abroad, so it would be kinda hypocritical to have a negative view of ALL foreigners. Plus South America and Scandanavia produce the best looking burds, imo. Having said that, there is something to be said for being a compatriot and I feel pretty much as much in common with someone from, say, Runcorn, as I do with someone from Lanark.

I understand that you don't feel this way and you feel Scottish and Scottish alone, however saying that people shouldn't support team GB is where the identity fascism stuff comes in.

Now granted I probably should have distanced myself from the Britnats who exaggerated my gripe and caused you to have a bit of a nightmare and I apologise for not nipping it in the bud earlier, but the point remains that you shouldn't really be telling Scots not to support team GB as many people will see Bradley Wiggins in the same way as they do Chris Hoy, for example.

Have you ever watched made in Chelsea?

When I was with my last bird I used to sit through it to use as some sort of bargaining chip for when there was football on but I never paid attention to it. :lol:

Why do you ask?

When I was with my last bird I used to sit through it to use as some sort of bargaining chip for when there was football on but I never paid attention to it. :lol:

Why do you ask?

Mr Bairn's statement was that we are more similar to the English than a Chinese or Russian person.

I would have more in common with some middle class Russian that an upper class Englander who thinks I'm some dirty Jock who takes their money.

Mr Bairn's statement was that we are more similar to the English than a Chinese or Russian person.

I would have more in common with some middle class Russian that an upper class Englander who thinks I'm some dirty Jock who takes their money.

I meant in general, I consider Russia to be a terrorist state.

I really don't get this, basing how foreign a country is down to how similar we may be to another country, they are still just as foreign, there is nothing wrong with being foreign, not one thing wrong, it just means you are from a different country.

You can have just as much in common with someone from anywhere in the world, it doesn't matter how close they are. I've met lovely people who I got on brilliantly with in London and in Europe, I've met arseholes in London and in Europe, they are all still foreigners though.

Big deal being made out that word, load of tosh.

You keep going back to this issue but I see Scotland as a country within a country and British as my primary nationality.

See if you said that to someone outwith GB they'd just look at you and think you were stupid as f**k. :lol:

Is anyone else reading that from Mr Bairn there and just shaking their head?

Unlike yourself, who's vile rants and tl;dr copypasta's from wings over Scotland get the brains into more overdrive than the Bronte sisters.

You're such a wee trier.

See if you said that to someone outwith GB they'd just look at you and think you were stupid as f**k. :lol:

Is anyone else reading that from Mr Bairn there and just shaking their head?

I don't really care what they think of my nationality, tbh

I'll call myself Scottish when Scotland is sovereign.

I think you're both not coming across well with your insistences. In regards to your own feelings of nationality, neither are right and neither are wrong.

Although Mr Bairn's "Russia and China" thing is the very definition of ethnic nationalism. Other races = MOAR FORREN. I wouldn't usually even engage this level of stupidity but unfortunately this mindset seems to go all the way up to our "left wing" politicians like Curran and Galloway.

I think you're both not coming across well with your insistences. In regards to your own feelings of nationality, neither are right and neither are wrong.

Although Mr Bairn's "Russia and China" thing is the very definition of ethnic nationalism. Other races = MOAR FORREN. I wouldn't usually even engage this level of stupidity but unfortunately this mindset seems to go all the way up to our "left wing" politicians like Curran and Galloway.

Well those were just two examples though. Had it been, for example, "Spain and Canada" then I wouldn't feel anywhere nearly as strongly.

Archived