@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

Mr Bairn

If No wins I'd be disappointed but it'll be no worse than after a Thistle loss.

If we do get a No vote then I'd hope that Westminster sees that 40% of the population are unhappy with the way things are and addresses it.

I won't hold my breathe though.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If No wins I'd be disappointed but it'll be no worse than after a Thistle loss.

If we do get a No vote then I'd hope that Westminster sees that 40% of the population are unhappy with the way things are and addresses it.

I won't hold my breathe though.

Wise decision. I'll stick around long enough to see them squirm, at the horrible realisation of what they had done. I'd see my team relegated for a Yes vote and that would break my heart. A world Cup win for Scotland or Independence? Still a no brainer for me.

I'm English so don't know loads about all this but if there is a no vote is it likely that there would be another chance in a few years or so? Genuine question.

If it's close and the SNP get a majority again.

I fully anticipate a Yes.

Just in the off-chance it's a No, personally speaking, I'll have a wee lie in, as I'll be sure to get the day off for the 19th. Then, chill out a bit, and then find the nearest SNP / Radical Independence Campaign organisation and get started all over again.

But, as I say, I fully anticipate a Yes and I'm looking forward to the 19th.

Just in the off-chance it's a No, personally speaking, I'll have a wee lie in, as I'll be sure to get the day off for the 19th. Then, chill out a bit, and then find the nearest SNP / Radical Independence Campaign organisation and get started all over again.

That, my man, is the spirit!

FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

;)

I'm English so don't know loads about all this but if there is a no vote is it likely that there would be another chance in a few years or so? Genuine question.

It would take a pro-independence majority in the SP and 20 years imo. If it's very close, and I mean 1-2% close, there might be a chance of another vote sooner but I'm guessing. I don't think there's a hope of the Westminster parties voting for another referendum any time in the future so you'd need a SP majority.

Wish I could have that confidence, the one thing I have loved the last few weeks is seeing people I wouldn't of thought cared to much come out rather passionately about YES the past few weeks, breath of fresh air seeing it.

If it's a NO I'll be massively disillusioned with some of my fellow Scots but wouldn't let it get me down to much and I'd hope we may see another one in my lifetime if it's close.

I'll be on holidays after some very poor planning and an absolute mindfart by myself. In many ways a No might be easier to take than a Yes whilst I'm half way around the world.

Postal vote deadline is 3rd September.

Wish I could have that confidence, the one thing I have loved the last few weeks is seeing people I wouldn't of thought cared to much come out rather passionately about YES the past few weeks, breath of fresh air seeing it.

If it's a NO I'll be massively disillusioned with some of my fellow Scots but wouldn't let it get me down to much and I'd hope we may see another one in my lifetime if it's close.

Whatever the vote is it's good to see such as rise in national pride. We as a country really lack a love of Scotland.

I fly out on the 18th at 6pm so ill be able to vote in person.

When I was booking up in February i was sure the date had some sort of relevance but had a million other things in my head, big fucking twat that I am.

Aye, but make sure to register for a postal vote asap.

We go on holiday on the 5th, so registering on the 3rd would be too late. However, Argyll & Bute tell us that they are sending out the first batch of postal ballots on 25th or 26th August - so we should be able to vote in plenty time before we go.

I'll be moving abroad for a bit. Or should I say, my desire to move abroad for a bit won't be pushed back by the excitement and sense of inspiration I get if we vote Yes.

Been taking lessons and that but a recent trip to Germany made me acutely aware of how shite my knowledge of the language actually is. From the 19th September my efforts would ramp up massively, maybe see if I can move in with my maw and save big bucks, then hope to get out by early 2015.

Or if its a Yes, not bother with any of that and see what's cracking here for a bit.

I'll be moving abroad for a bit. Or should I say, my desire to move abroad for a bit won't be pushed back by the excitement and sense of inspiration I get if we vote Yes.

Been taking lessons and that but a recent trip to Germany made me acutely aware of how shite my knowledge of the language actually is. From the 19th September my efforts would ramp up massively, maybe see if I can move in with my maw and save big bucks, then hope to get out by early 2015.

Or if its a Yes, not bother with any of that and see what's cracking here for a bit.

I'm sure this will all make sense to someone soon.

I'll be disappointed, but in many ways it will make my life easier. The worry about a yes vote is that it will whip up some sort of romantic/nostalgic yearning for the homeland that might make me consider coming back to Scotland earlier than I currently intend to.

regardless of the vote most people in scotland will wake up , cook a bit of scran, switch on the kettle , watch the result on the news and then get on with there daily business knowing that the vote is nothing more than deciding wether we get fucked by the same charlatans and chancers we always have or wether we allow a bunch of chancers closer to home to do so. whereas some will geuinley be heartbroken beyond repair and others will celebrate like they have just won the world cup and bedded 3 swedish blonde triplets.

Archived