@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

Mr Bairn

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is like a delicious taster of what this forum is going to be like in a little over 6 months. I can't wait.

^^^

No baws, no national pride, no patriotism.

IMO, of course.

^^^

No baws, no national pride, no patriotism.

IMO, of course.

You're entitled to believe whatever you like. For example, I think you're a thick c*nt.

Although, like a stopped clock once a day, you actually have one thing right. I think patriotism is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not particularly proud to be Scottish, it's not like I chose to be born here. Scotland has some good points and some bad ones. Unlike what many cybernats seem to think, I don't think that Scots are morally superior to those in rUK. As George Bernard Shaw said, 'patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it'.

If things keep going like they are going now then a lot more than that will leave.

Why do you think Scotland has a static population? It's not because we're doing less shagging. It's because so many people have had to leave due to lack of opportunity. Most of these people simply will not return and as the situation worsens (as I'm convinced it will if we vote no) then more and more people are going to be forced to look elsewhere for work.

Fun fact - 80% of private sector jobs are being created in London. Just one small example of how fucked up and unbalanced this "union" is.

What a complete load of tosh. More people immigrate into Scotland than emigrate out of it, so that second paragraph is complete nonsense. Indeed I will quote The Scottish governments own website to rip your post apart:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Population-Migration

' In recent years Scotland has seen positive natural change (births minus deaths) and has experienced record levels of net in migration, resulting in small increases in population over each of the last 7 years '

As for your second point, London is the capital of the nation with a population almost double that of Scotland. Of course most private sector investment is going to be there. Although the overly large ratio is a problem for the rest of the union, not just Scotland.

Do you really think a yes vote is going to result in more private sector investment into Scotland? Really? Have you heard what Standard Life and the banks have been saying in the last week? They're making plans to up sticks and leave if we vote yes, and who can blame them? Businesses don't want independence, trade unions don't want independence.

What a complete load of tosh. More people immigrate into Scotland than emigrate out of it, so that second paragraph is complete nonsense. Indeed I will quote The Scottish governments own website to rip your post apart:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Population-Migration

' In recent years Scotland has seen positive natural change (births minus deaths) and has experienced record levels of net in migration, resulting in small increases in population over each of the last 7 years '

As for your second point, London is the capital of the nation with a population almost double that of Scotland. Of course most private sector investment is going to be there. Although the overly large ratio is a problem for the rest of the union, not just Scotland.

Do you really think a yes vote is going to result in more private sector investment into Scotland? Really? Have you heard what Standard Life and the banks have been saying in the last week? They're making plans to up sticks and leave if we vote yes, and who can blame them? Businesses don't want independence, trade unions don't want independence.

They haven't said that. That is a complete and utter lie.

Have you heard what Standard Life and the banks have been saying in the last week?

I for one am flabbergasted that big players in the financial services industry, which has come out of the biggest recession in near enough a century without any negative repercussions whatsoever after having been largely responsible for it, would toe the line of the party firmly committed to more of the same.

I'm sure plenty of onionists stand around at their dinner parties scoffing that the jocks will be using shiny pebbles as currency in 2016, but somehow "financial Armageddon" has lost its ring these days.

If things keep going like they are going now then a lot more than that will leave.

Why do you think Scotland has a static population? It's not because we're doing less shagging. It's because so many people have had to leave due to lack of opportunity. Most of these people simply will not return and as the situation worsens (as I'm convinced it will if we vote no) then more and more people are going to be forced to look elsewhere for work.

Fun fact - 80% of private sector jobs are being created in London. Just one small example of how fucked up and unbalanced this "union" is.

London is the capital city of the country. Of course businesses want to set up shop there.

Just on this single page:

you total gimp.

What a fucking guffy. :lol:

a bunch of cringeworthy c**ts.

The level of name calling indicates that you are losing arguments and you are upset about it.

If you must call folk names, maybe you could provide an explanation as to why you think negatively about those you disagree with, rather than making the insults themselves the main thrust of your responses.

Or maybe have a nice cup of tea and find some inner peace by accepting and learning to love the UK. After all, it's here to stay.

8)

patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it'.

Wee bit of patriotism and self-belief is what's needed in this country. Too many people have defeatist attitude and genuinely believe Scotland is some inferior backwater. It's ridiculous.

I'm not voting yes because I think we're any better than anywhere else, I simply refuse to believe we're any worse.

Just on this single page:

The level of name calling indicates that you are losing arguments and you are upset about it.

If you must call folk names, maybe you could provide an explanation as to why you think negatively about those you disagree with, rather than making the insults themselves the main thrust of your responses.

Or maybe have a nice cup of tea and find some inner peace by accepting and learning to love the UK. After all, it's here to stay.

8)

He's really absolutely raging. Have a look at the diatribe of personal abuse he dished out to me on the other thread. You could almost feel the tears.

The good news is he will be banned before long, for the umpteenth time.

London is the capital city of the country. Of course businesses want to set up shop there.

And doesn't that put you out slightly that so much of this country's economy is centered in one city? A city that's becoming more and more expensive to live in. It doesn't do much for me tbh. Maybe it's just me but I seriously doubt Scotland would see Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Glasgow dominate this country in anywhere near the same regard.

And doesn't that put you out slightly that so much of this country's economy is centered in one city? A city that's becoming more and more expensive to live in. It doesn't do much for me tbh. Maybe it's just me but I seriously doubt Scotland would see Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Glasgow dominate this country in anywhere near the same regard.

Don't reply to his pish mate! ;)

You're entitled to believe whatever you like. For example, I think you're a thick c*nt. Although, like a stopped clock once a day, you actually have one thing right. I think patriotism is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not particularly proud to be Scottish, it's not like I chose to be born here. Scotland has some good points and some bad ones. Unlike what many cybernats seem to think, I don't think that Scots are morally superior to those in rUK. As George Bernard Shaw said, 'patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it'.

Yet you're a raving British patriot. :1eye

Gutted, but life goes on. I will despair for the No voters, as their allegiance to Westminster will NEVER be rewarded, and the shafting will get worse.

If Project Fear is successful it will only confirm the ability to stupify a nation. As their tactics so far, are as see-through as a greenhouse to me, and are rather insulting to the nation as a whole.

When Westminster continues its p*sstake, after a No vote, remember you voted for it. Scotland will be Westminsters bitch.

You're entitled to believe whatever you like. For example, I think you're a thick c*nt.Although, like a stopped clock once a day, you actually have one thing right. I think patriotism is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not particularly proud to be Scottish, it's not like I chose to be born here. Scotland has some good points and some bad ones. Unlike what many cybernats seem to think, I don't think that Scots are morally superior to those in rUK. As George Bernard Shaw said, 'patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it'.

If I was H_B I would say that this post is a mess of humiliating fail because stopped clocks are right twice a day.

Archived