@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

Mr Bairn

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will be a laughing stock if we do indeed vote no. The Irish for example had to actually fight for their independence. All we need to do is cross a box in a polling booth.

"Scotland is a brave nation"... "Aye right, they couldn't even vote to remove themselves from England's bosom."

Right...

And I suppose you take and extended lunch hour a few times a week to laugh at Quebec?

Right...

And I suppose you take and extended lunch hour a few times a week to laugh at Quebec?

Quebec were a baw hair away from winning, you can then take into consideration the spoiled ballot papers. Very dodgy.

Scotland is an ancient nation that has been around for millennia. It has a reputation and history of being fearless, courageous and brave around the globe.

A no vote throws all of that straight out the window for me.

In places like Quebec and Catalonia, independence is arguably more about identity and cultural oppression than politics or economics. To the outside world these places aren't viewed as nations like Scotland is. Our constitutional debate is overwhelmingly about political and economic arguments.

Scotland has not been around for "millennia". It came into existence in the 800s. It is only one millenium old.

When cameron et al wins his referendum to pull the UK out of europe in 2017, there will be another indy ref in Scotland within 3 yrs with a guaranteed yes vote. With regards to the immediate future i will personally challenge every no voter who sings flower of scotland, think 3rd verse, in hampden or murrayfield

Leave the country.

Although I will be out of the country anyway when the vote takes place. And when the result comes in. And for more than a year afterwards.

Scotland is an ancient nation that has been around for millennia. It has a reputation and history of being fearless, courageous and brave around the globe.

A no vote throws all of that straight out the window for me.

In places like Quebec and Catalonia, independence is arguably more about identity and cultural suppression than politics or economics. To the outside world these places aren't viewed as nations like Scotland is. Our constitutional debate is overwhelmingly about political and economic arguments.

Word salad.

Quebec and Catalonia are structural land masses containing indigenous people. The fact that Scotland has a football team doesn't differentiate it.

I'll be submitting my application for Australian citizenship pretty certain in the fact that I will never come back to live in Scotland.

I would not want to live in a country that has shown no balls and even less brains.

Scotland will be neutered and humiliated for at least a generation.

For various reasons I'll likely be on my way out of the country for a few years in either case. As such it's more likely to have an effect on whether I feel like coming back. I've little desire to raise a family in what will be a permanently ghettoised corner of Greater London.

Goodness me, with all these separatists leaving the country after the no vote in September there is going to be no need for another referendum in 20 years or so, there's only going to be no voters left!

What a shame.

:)

Most normal people wouldn't see plane loads of people of whatever political persuasion leaving to never come back as a positive thing. Especially in a country that is already struggling to grow its population.

But that's unionism for you - happy for the nation to be damaged as long as it's flying the correct flag.

Most normal people wouldn't see plane loads of people of whatever political persuasion leaving to never come back as a positive thing. Especially in a country that is already struggling to grow its population.

But that's unionism for you - happy for the nation to be damaged as long as it's flying the correct flag.

Except that only a couple of hundred hard liners will actually leave....

If things keep going like they are going now then a lot more than that will leave.

Why do you think Scotland has a static population? It's not because we're doing less shagging. It's because so many people have had to leave due to lack of opportunity. Most of these people simply will not return and as the situation worsens (as I'm convinced it will if we vote no) then more and more people are going to be forced to look elsewhere for work.

Fun fact - 80% of private sector jobs are being created in London. Just one small example of how fucked up and unbalanced this "union" is.

Archived