@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

Mr Bairn

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will get on with my life and say its for the best

The main thing for me is that everyone votes, i have spoken to people who say they aren't going to vote because it won't matter either way - those sort of people make me sick!

The no campaigners are getting on my wick a lot but its mostly because they fail to see the advantages to independence that i see and that frustration goes each way so as long as its what the country votes for i will accept the outcome

I've seen some yes supporters say they will move, others say they will just be a bit gutted, and some say they will be quite happy as Scotland will get what they "deserve".

Chances are that the no voters will start moaning about Westminster policies straight away. I'll be there to say "told you so".

Chances are that the no voters will start moaning about Westminster policies straight away. I'll be there to say "told you so".

Right. So being anti-secession means you have to be in favour of every single Westminster policy from then on in?

Presumably if it's Yes, you will be lockstep in agreement with every future Scottish government decision, whichever party is in power?

I will get on with my life and say its for the best

The main thing for me is that everyone votes, i have spoken to people who say they aren't going to vote because it won't matter either way - those sort of people make me sick!

The no campaigners are getting on my wick a lot but its mostly because they fail to see the advantages to independence that i see and that frustration goes each way so as long as its what the country votes for i will accept the outcome

Okay I'm going to snap out of my trolling mode for this post.

Personally as a no voter I actually do see a lot of benefits of independence. Scotland is a nation and usually nations do run their own affairs. Also we'd be better represented within Europe as an independent country. There's also the democratic deficit although I think that's a bit silly as every country has democratic deficits and even within Scotland there would be democratic deficits.

The main thing most no voters see is the risk involved. It's a risk reward process. Is the reward worth the risk? Are we the next Norway or the next Greece?

Okay I'm going to snap out of my trolling mode for this post.

Personally as a no voter I actually do see a lot of benefits of independence. Scotland is a nation and usually nations do run their own affairs. Also we'd be better represented within Europe as an independent country. There's also the democratic deficit although I think that's a bit silly as every country has democratic deficits and even within Scotland there would be democratic deficits.

The main thing most no voters see is the risk involved. It's a risk reward process. Is the reward worth the risk? Are we the next Norway or the next Greece?

This was a thread about how we're going to react if we don't get independence I'm not sure how to react to your questions as i genuinely don't know how we're going to go if we get independence so i understand where you are coming from but not its not the point i was getting at. My main concern is that say we miss out on independence on a 55/45 outcome even though 20% of the country didnt bother voting then start complaining that things aren't going well for them - same goes if we do get independence and those who were too lazy to vote come out and voice their disgust when its too late.

If its what the country decides and as many people as possible made an educated vote then i will be happy and will move on with my life.

Right. So being anti-secession means you have to be in favour of every single Westminster policy from then on in?

Presumably if it's Yes, you will be lockstep in agreement with every future Scottish government decision, whichever party is in power?

Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying :rolleyes:

Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying :rolleyes:

You said "

Chances are that the no voters will start moaning about Westminster policies straight away. I'll be there to say "told you so"."

What would you have "told" us?

You said "

Chances are that the no voters will start moaning about Westminster policies straight away. I'll be there to say "told you so"."

What would you have "told" us?

That you should have voted yes to have more say in the way Scotland is run. Moaning about a government you have virtually no say in is futile, that's why we need to vote yes.

That you should have voted yes to have more say in the way Scotland is run. Moaning about a government you have virtually no say in is futile, that's why we need to vote yes.

What say would I have in the Scottish government as one of several million voters?

I told you last night. You can't just switch in and out of deliberate trolling and expect people to start listening to you again.

Yeah, well, I'm going to try and cut it out. Quite frankly I was suffering some household problems(which haven't gone away) yesterday, I know this doesn't excuse my behaviour but I was basically winding people up for the kicks because I had feck all else to do to please myself. I will surely try to make legitimate points from here on.

Archived