Friendly Banter?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Stewie, it certainly gives something to talk about. lol Good luck to the dream team today ! Does anyone know how the talk in last night went? I couldnt get up to Berwick in time to go. Well done to the club and manager for organising this.

Went very well, full turnout and went on to nearly 10.30, CC and Robbie came across really well and had a good bit of banter with the audience.

Oh and stoves and pies so what more do you want!

Firstly, some may say I am not entitled to an opnion as I have not been to many matches over the last few years. Yes I don't fully understand the problems at Berwick these days.

A lot of those who have posted I do know, a few I don't. But this is not a post to have a go at anyone.

One thing that strikes me Mr Bell, as someone who is not much older than me (must be getting old saying that). I remember what you and your friends were like in years gone by, as normal supporters in the Ducket. Very vocal in postitive and negative comments towards the team and management, your crowd who stood mid way down the Ducket were never very shy in shouting their opinions including your goodself.

Without getting into arguments, whether right or wrong (most fans will know what is right), when you started the Trust, you had lots of grief thrown you way, by some club officials. However you, stood by your beliefs and the rest is history, as they say. But based on your post, supporters should be quiet with a polite clap towards the team, with no emotion. Is that not going against your orginal beliefs, when you fought in what you thought was right? Is that not going against the beliefs that the fans should have a say?

Maybe I am wrong on the above paragraph, but it seems to me that, it could be classed as double standards. After all are you not in the position, because of the fans who invested over the years in the Trust (as I also did)?

BTU posted about cult status, I don't believe in that at all. I don't believe anyone should have a cult status for doing what they are good at, especially at Berwicks level in football. However BTU has grown from a young lad to a yong man, with generally a wise head on his young shoulders. So I appreciate it may attract a few young, daft fans.

Martin, has posted about being linked with racism. I don't think that was Mr Bell's intention. However saying that in the same post, probaly wasnt very wise?

I will finish with this Mr Bell, those supporters you refer to, there are many who invested their money to get the Trust onto the board. Should they not have a say, whether good or hard to swallow.

It is easy to support your team unconditionally if you know the team and coaching staff are giving off their best. This is not a "stepford" scenario as someone mentioned earlier.

In the aftermath of Peterhead / Shire, I found it disturbing to see some people post "I'm all for a bit of banter but... " as if racism was a form of strong banter?!

• 5 months later...

Archived