Sooky

The highest 'big 5' market on bet365 is

interesting.

UK 1/2

Spain 4/1

Italy 7/1

France 10/1

Germany 11/1

I just don't rate UK at all and I'm torn between Italy and Spain, I fancy Spain though. UK is a female singer as is Spain and Spain's is much better so I may take them.

Still gutted Latvia never got through, However, Everytime I hear the Dutch song I like it more and more. Looking forward to the second semi final tonight, really like the Malta song. It sounds very much like Mumford and Sons. Switzerland is annoyingly catchy also.

Eight years since Lordi won...doesn't seem as long as that.

The Eurovision is a much bigger deal in Finland than it is here. As a half-Finn I always support them in this. And I remember that night well - in a fit of coolness I was out of my seat punching the air a couple of times when they were awarded 12 points.

I also used to work with the guy who analysed voting patterns in this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7408216.stm

I pick his brain for tips every year, and had a couple of decent payouts as a result. He's not done a full prediction this time around (not as easy since the juries came back in apparently), but his top tip is Armenia. From a quick advance listen to the songs (like I say, coolness) I'm inclined to agree - apparently pretty well known in various parts of Europe and sounds like the sort of thing that might do well to me. Might have a wee bet on it.

I love the Eurovision - look forward to it every year.