Eurovision

Sooky

The UK reveal will take place in 5 minutes on the red button.

Is it sad that I've had it on the red button for the last few minutes where they just have the placeholder graphic and some random music? I daren't miss any of it!

That's clearly going to score almost zero.

The only way for the UK to get close to winning is to have a huge ballad, possibly climaxing with a massed choir of children, singing a song that is an apology for all the hideous things that the UK is perceived to have done over the last few decades, including (or maybe especially) the support of the Iraq war.

If it was done right, that would win.

Just started a thread in the music section, WHICH WOULD BE THE CORRECT PLACE..!! and can't delete it.

I'd argue Eurovision is far more TV related than anything to do with music! ;)

It get slightly better after several listens, but most of Europe will only be hearing it once. So that's not much help. Only advantage is that there are so many ballads this year, so this one may stand out at least, even if for the wrong reasons.

Sookster - got links to other entries?

An early favourite is this operatic entry from Italy:

Finnish band with Downs Syndrome (Disability aside, the song is awful):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRbFndT7Qro

There's also ballad, after ballad, after ballad. Some countries are still to announce, Sweden have the grand final of Melodifestivalen this Saturday. Australia also clearly not bothering as their winner will pick a track from his latest album that's not been released as a single. Hosts Austria will also announce on Friday.

Edited by Sooky