Eurovision

Sooky

10 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Hydro has to be in with a shout. The P&B Eurovision trip is one step closer.

Mentioned on the news there that the venue has to be commandeered by Eurovision for six weeks, surely that rules the Hydro out?

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

On one hand, if it's at the Hydro, this is a great opportunity to showcase Scotland.

But I fear it will just be a bit of a nauseating Ukraine love in, with little focus on Scotland.

Well we got a taste of that on June 1st 😕

7 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Mentioned on the news there that the venue has to be commandeered by Eurovision for six weeks, surely that rules the Hydro out?

NS seems keen for it to be in either the Hydro or the SECC.

There are currently no events scheduled to take place in the Hydro between 25th April and 27th May 2023.

On 17/06/2022 at 23:20, Todd_is_God said:

On one hand, if it's at the Hydro, this is a great opportunity to showcase Scotland.

But I fear it will just be a bit of a nauseating Ukraine love in, with little focus on Scotland.

Wouldn’t bother me if they turned the Hydro into a mini Ukraine for it, but I fear it will be used as a Brit fest instead.

Wouldn’t hold out much hope you’ll see or hear anything Scottish related 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Read one report where the Welsh are suggesting they could have it in the Principality stadium with the roof closed

Not just because it's Wales but that sounds absolutely dreadful 

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Read one report where the Welsh are suggesting they could have it in the Principality stadium with the roof closed

2 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Not just because it's Wales but that sounds absolutely dreadful 

Agree with that, would be awful there.

Would love for it to be at the Hydro but I'll be stunned if it gets picked.

Be interesting to see if there's a genuine attempt to make this a Ukrainian contest away from home, or if we attempt to hijack it to desperately promote Booming Brexit Britain.

If we had the same Prime Minister as now, I'd suggest the latter would be very much on the cards.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Be interesting to see if there's a genuine attempt to make this a Ukrainian contest away from home, or if we attempt to hijack it to desperately promote Booming Brexit Britain.

If we had the same Prime Minister as now, I'd suggest the latter would be very much on the cards.

The ideal scenario is a final nod to Ukraine's win, followed by the real winner of the contest hosting it in the manner of their choice.

If it's to be little more than another Ukraine wankfest then let them pay for it.