Eurovision

Sooky

Just now, BFTD said:

People forget that, by the time he got to his last few contests, Wogan was absolutely phoning it in and couldn't give less of a f**k.

I agree, he spent too many years with the identical spiel too. Maybe give Julian Clary a shout, he hasn't been on much recently and he's still funny.

33 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ach f**k off with that shite. Thats the same as all these gimps going ‘Scotland should let Ukraine into the world cup’. Everyone feels shite for whats happening in the Ukraine but thats a total sympathy vote. 

It's the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST mate, don't sweat it 

29 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I thought the jury got Ukraine about right tbh. The song was ok, but was nowhere near worthy of winning.

The voting public, of course, are absolute gimps and made a mockery of the full thing.

Absolute state of this man.

Eurovision producing a political vote winner was never a surprise.

We finished 2nd and probably would have won if the war in Ukraine wasn't happening. That's something to be proud about.

Even though Ukraine's song was utter shite, it's well played that that's all that beat us.

Tunes like France and Moldova got shite returns for being better than us. Swings and roundabouts.

Really happy with our performance. Nice wee moral victory to finish runners up from nil points last year.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We finished 2nd and probably would have won if the war in Ukraine wasn't happening. That's something to be proud about.

Not sure. I think the war has made people forget about Brexit. Also, while he's clearly a twat, Johnson seems to have built up some popularity in Europe through his good relationship with Zelensky. It was easily the best GB song for years but I'm not sure it would have won if not for the changing political focus in Europe. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not sure. I think the war has made people forget about Brexit. Also, while he's clearly a twat, Johnson seems to have built up some popularity in Europe through his Good relationship with Zelensky. It was easily the best GB song for years but I'm not sure it would have won if not for the changing political focus in Europe. 

This. The UK got Ukraine's 12 votes and Johnson's Churchill act probably impressed a few while Germany was dithering. Germany came bottom btw. If Ukraine won because of politics they weren't the only ones whose vote was affected by it.