Eurovision

Sooky

14 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Or, maybe, they could just release a decent song?

I think it was far from the worst of the night, although his one from last year was better but unfortunately last years songs couldnt be used. There was some bangers in the 2020 one 

4 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Tonight's top 3 all entered the first Eurovision in 1956, must be a while since that happened?!!

And three non-English songs, no? Must be the first time since participants have been allowed to sing in any language? 

30 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

The UK entry was quite clearly the worst singer on the night by a considerable distance although the song itself didn't seem as bad.

I can't believe people mention Brexit as an excuse. The song wasn't great nae the worst but his voice was terrible. Music industry picked this tune too, just show you how bad it is

The UK was absolutely shite. Terrible song, wasn't even terrible but catchy and a terrible voice. Yet people are making excuses for it.

Was it 0 point bad? Probably not, but can you say it was in anyone's top 10ish or deserving of any points? The answer is also definitely 100% no.

Worth remembering that San Marino sent Flo Rida and they still did better in 2019 when they sent Serhat, the Turkish dentist, who just sang “na na na” for three minutes.

10 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

The UK guy was genuinely out of tune for the vast majority of it. It was a terrible vocal performance for an average song. Zero points were totally merited on this occasion. For the first ever time, the winner was actually my favourite song.

We could try to get you voted in next year...or the singing St Jonstone supporter.

Loving the usual gammon seeth about or entry getting nil points, even though the song was decent, the lad isnt the greatest singer (with a dreadful coat), and it looked like someone on work experience that did the staging - no one is going to vote for you if you dont put the effort in.

Italy was in my top 5 songs (Belgium, Ukranine, Finland and Lithuania the others), which were actually really high standard this year and glad Switzerland didnt win as thought that was dreadful and wasn't a fan of Malta either.

All in all a very good year, we've had a few years where i have thought the standard was meh, but enjoyed last night and a decent song winning unlike the last 3 or 4 years