Eurovision

Sooky

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

Yup Germany here. Let's do it.

If P&B can send Alexandra Burke to Peterhead then wreaking havoc on Eurovision shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

5. Why are you offering voting via Mobile Short Dial Codes instead of Text Voting?

Text voting cannot be included in the Eurovision Song Contest UK vote due to the relatively short periods in which the vote is open and during which the result needs to be provided and verified. There is the risk of potential delays within the mobile networks at busy times which could result in text votes not being received within the period the vote is open. With a phone call, if the exchange is busy you will hear an engaged tone, however with text/SMS you would not know if there is any late delivery of your vote (causing it to not be registered). There are no such potential network delays with Mobile Short Dial Codes other than busy tones at local exchange level with heavy traffic.

In addition, call attempts to Mobile Short Dial Codes outside of the vote open period, or to numbers no longer in use, are non-chargeable to callers, unlike text where charges may still apply.

The advantage of using telephone calls for voting rather than text voting is that the caller knows at the time of the call that their vote has been counted and also that they have been charged for their vote. They will also know from receiving an engaged tone if they did not get through and that they can then just press redial to try again. The same is not true of text voting as the texter has to wait for a confirmation message back from their mobile network operator which may take some time to arrive or which may not arrive at all.

Shite network, seemingly.

I reckon we take a P&B trip to wherever the contest is next year. Div can fund this important cultural exchange to spread the word of P&B abroad.

Just now, Sooky said:

I reckon we take a P&B trip to wherever the contest is next year. Div can fund this important cultural exchange to spread the word of P&B abroad.

Well up for this unless we need to wear St Mirren stuff then I'm out

Considering Mans seems to have appeared in every Eurovision since he’s won I can only presume he’s never got much else on...

Having tuned in to the latter stages of this cruddfest, i now partially understand why i drink on Saturday nights.

The main reasons will remain private, but . . . . . . . . . . .

Best winner was Nicole in 1982 with "A Little Peace"

Edited by hearthammer

1 minute ago, Sooky said:

Good shout. Div's already got enough hot tubs as it is so won't mind spending cash on that.

Just now, RosspCfc said:

Well up for this unless we need to wear St Mirren stuff then I'm out

Div's not that cruel, surely?

3 minutes ago, Sooky said:

He won’t be complaining when we get thousands of Maltese people signing up to Platnium Membership.